1er RPIMa 3e CO (French SAS) Operator, Mali 2016

I thought it was time for a break from the Russians.

The 1st Marine Infantry Parachute Regiment (French: 1er Régiment de Parachutistes d’Infanterie de Marine, 1er R.P.I.Ma) is one of three regiments (1er R.P.I.Ma, 13e Régiment de Dragons Parachutistes (13e R.D.P), 4e R.H.F.S) in the French Army Special Forces Command (COM FST). Heir to the traditions of the paratroopers of the Special Air Service (SAS) of Free France and French Indochina, the regiment is the only French unit in mainland France to use the motto Qui ose gagne , translated from the British Army SAS motto Who Dares Wins. (Wiki)

This figure is meant to represent an operator from 3e Compagnie, tasked generally with motorized patrolling. Although most of the (somewhat rare) pictures of 1er RPIMa in ATACS camouflage are from Afghanistan, it seems that the unit used the pattern on ops in Africa as well, specifically during Op Serval in Mali.

1er RPIMa Operator Loadout

Uniform / 1st Line

• Footwear - Salomon Forces Quest 4D GTX, OD (DAM)
  • Fatigues - Crye G2 suit, ATACS AU (DAM)
  • Gloves - Oakley SI gloves, black (DAM)
  • GPS - Garmin 601 (ES)
  • Patches - Jolly Roger, Medic, blood group (DAM)
  • Riggers’ belt - EI Riggers’, tan (DAM)
  • Warbelt - Tactical Tailor Operator belt, tan (SS)
  • Pistol mags - EI 2x 9mm pouch, tan (SS)
  • Rappelling harness - Yates Rescue Rig (PH) (?)
  • Holster - SERPA G17, camo (ES)
  • Balaclava - Arc’teryx LEAF, OD (DAM)
  • Bucket - Ops Core FAST, Arc-rail PELTORS (DAM + ES)

2nd Line

• PC - LBX Armatus, tan (ES)
  • Minimi pouch / GP - Paraclete SAW pouch, OD (DAM)
  • Fastmag - ITW Fastmag GEN I, grey (DAM)
  • Triple mag - Paraclete triple M4 pouch, OD (DAM)
  • Comms - Paraclete MBITR, OD w/ Harris PRC-152 (DAM)
  • MAP - SRVV flatpack, OD (DAM)
  • Flashbang pouch - EI 4x 40mm, tan (SS)
  • Mag pouch - Paraclete single M4, OD (DAM)
  • TQ pouch - EI single M4 shingle, OD (DAM)
  • Shears - NAR shears (DAM)

Weapons

• Pistol - G17 w/ base plate (DAM)
  • Rifle - H&K 416D, Elcan SPECTRE DR, stock, PEQ15, Magpul AFG, radio PTT, can (DAM + ES)

1er RPIMa Operator

4 Likes

Reference

5 Likes

Nicely done Canuck. Dig this one too.

1 Like

Nicely done, I’m a big lover of ATACS. Lovely set up here, makes me wish it was a boxed figure.

1 Like

Once again great bash, great info. All ways learning something from your kit bash post. Top job mate :+1:

Really nice bash. Easy & Simple did a great French sniper figure in ATACS. I always like making French SF figures - fills out my box bought figures.

1 Like

Thanks all! Agreed, ATACS is a sweet pattern. BigD - that figure is a favourite of mine!

2 Likes

I have the French Sniper figure and I really like it, although after seeing this bash, I might have to tweak that one a bit. This here looks slick and high speed. On the other hand, some of the ref pics show the guys really loaded on mags…

2 Likes

Very, very nice one! I love your non-Russians. :wink:

Thanks oso! I know you love the Western SOF, and I have a Polish operator coming I think you might like :wink:

these are all so damn good! You are on a roll canuck :+1:

Much appreciated :slight_smile: more to come: Polish and Danish SOF, 3x FSB, a PMC, and CIA GRS

1 Like

can’t wait!!! :slightly_smiling_face: nice to see some Danish SOF on here, sounds cool.

2 Likes

Yeah, this rocks.

I love this custom. Seeing a unit using the ATAC-S camo down range is always an interesting picture. I picked some up myself, but I have no idea what to use it on personally.

The variety of weapon accessories is really interesting in the ref pics.

Yeah, ATACS AU is an odd one. It’s hard to fine users IRL, but here’s a small assortment if you’re interested:

JWK

Aussie SF

SSO

f0278443_57d6c7ce2d4fb

SOBR Bulat

SOBR Terek

1 Like

Amazing figure! Did you use the Dam 78075 russian figure uniform? Thanks in advance!

Is that the Army SSO one with the Chechen HS? If so, then yes :+1: the “Red Sea” PLA fake ATACS uniform is kinda off, and the Caltek fatigues are in the wrong cut. I think these, and the ones from the French 1er RPIMA figure, are the best options.

1 Like