A little teaser of my latest project

Some of you might remember the small diorama that I built a couple of years ago while stuck in lockdown (see original thread HERE). I had built this not only to help alleviate boredom but also to serve as a backdrop when photographing some of my custom weapon builds. Alas, I had to abandon it overseas late last year in my most recent international relocation. I just didn’t have enough space in my luggage to bring it home with me. The upshot of this is that I was then forced to build a new one.

This is still a work-in-progress, but is coming along quite nicely. I will share some more pics and a build log later, but for now will leave you with a little teaser pic.

As always, your thoughts/comments/suggestions are welcomed.

9 Likes

Awesome! Love the M26 MASS.

Takes me back to the BBI 10th SF Gunslinger days.

2 Likes

The brick wall looks real, can’t wait to see the rest.

1 Like

Very cool - the wall makes it look really real! :+1:t3:

1 Like

Cool conversion. I have this M26 set from H&G. There you have little metal scews to connect it to the M4 barrel.

IMG_5973_zps1a53a40c

2 Likes

Great piece, only annoyance is that you can’t move the charging handle on that M26

1 Like

Thanks fellas! The real project here is the wall, but I couldn’t help but to show off the M26 MASS as well. Col. Braddock has it right - this is a rare set made by H&G. I picked this up some time ago and never got around to strapping her onto a rifle. While there is limited functionality on this piece, it is a huge improvement over the versions made by BBI and HT back in the day. To date this remains the best M26 MASS in scale.

I will share more pics of the wall once I get around to finishing it off.

I’ll be happy to share a build-log of this if there is any appetite for it. Let me know.

Is H&G a new brand? I’ve never seen a standalone brand for the M26.

They are quite old already, probably around 15yrs. Famous for making metal and wood weapons with good detail for ultra expensive prices. Very rare too.

2 Likes

The wall looks great. Beautiful as background and very good and realisitc weathering.

1 Like

Thanks Col.Braddock!

Awesome. I have never even heard of this brand. Which is odd because I’ve seen some rare brands over the last 25 years.

Thanks Turkeyshot, now I need to find one of these haha.

1 Like