A new figure in development, and a long while coming

Very interesting announcement of upcoming project by GWG.

4 Likes

SAS, some kind of Bravo Two Zero theme figure?! That would be great!

3 Likes

That does look cool. Don’t t think we’ve had a scud Hunter since Hot Toys ten years ago maybe?

2 Likes

As far as the British go, I remember the 21st Century SAS scud hunter, which is certainly lacking in quality at today’s standards, plastic pouches and all. Then there were DML’s “Evan” and “Collin”.
A return to the subject with equipment on par with other current figures would be very welcome to me!

2 Likes

that would be really cool…
i like the theme of sas in desert storm (as scud hunter).
if…i think there would be a great mixed of brit. oldschool gear.
maybe dpm backpack, bdu in dpm/desert, m16, an updated longe range laser aiming device,…???
i hope so:-)

1 Like

Is anyone able to make more out of this hint for the figure?

Apparently, GWG should also be in the progress of making another Galac-Tac figure, as I heard.

3 Likes

My guess is that it’s the emergency exfil route the Bravo Two Zero team took after being compromised, heading for Syria…

2 Likes

This is going to be a pick up for sure I’ve been wanting Damtoys or ES to do this and a 80’s Delta like Panama in bdu!

2 Likes

Looks like a lot of folks are happy about the prospect. That should make GWG happy, too.

If it is B20, that could be an interesting loadout.
The infil movement on foot meant these guys marched heavy. Real hero kind of heavy.

Looks like that’s a high possibility of being a Bravo 2 0 figure. On another group I saw a post picture of a Bergen and LAW rocket launcher, and it was a really good teaser. With that map and the picture, that narrows it right down.

They were doing a poll very recently about interest in a re-release of the first tan Galac-tac figure. That would be awesome. Maybe a tan one with some slight upgrades considering the new gear put out by E&S and GWG as well.

I have seen that. That’s also good news. Especially, if they are going to alter some gear to the original release, but I also heard they are planing a complete new one, which means hopefully a new Galac-Tac helmet in a different color. They will become a collectible like the Soldier Story HGU helmets then!

1 Like

According to Andy McNab and Chris Ryan, the guys were hauling around 100 kg of gear, each. That is heavy. Armament was an equal mix of M16/M203s and FN MinimIs plus a LAW for each team member. Not much cold weather gear, on the other hand, much to their detriment. If it’s really going to be a B20 figure, that should make for an interesting load out!

New teaser…

4 Likes

Kitbash example (not mine): this is what I imagine it to look like in 1/6 scale.

We have decided thatcher will release another desert raider in a short run. This will enable all those who didn’t get one on the first release to secure one to make your collection complete. We are planning a 3rd addition to the line up details to follow.

Does this mean we are getting another run of the Tan and a new Green version?

Edit

Only a re-release of the Tan one, as GWG clarified.

3 Likes

Hm look interesting and a 90s SAS B20 team leader and/or member could be a nice addition.

1 Like

Version A, so there will be 2 at least!

4 Likes

…well, a lot of potential for sas kithbashes in gulf war…
and some cool parts, like the sas dpm-rig, what could be used for 2000er ksk in astan;-)
…i hope “b” would be cool, too!

1 Like

Intersting. Looks good and but I wonder how the ”B”-version will be🤔

1 Like

This looks amazing! Interesting that the A version says “Insertion”. I wonder if the B version will be weathered or depicting the same person at another point in the mission?

1 Like