Blackhawk Down with a twist

Hi, new member here. Sharing my current WIP- an 1/6 diorama featuring an animatronic soldier. I’m currently working on pumping smoke/mist through the oil drums to add atmospheric smoke to the scene.

Pat Leong

9 Likes

Now that is really cool!

My god that is super cool!

Nice to see you over here Pat!

Crazy job… and Welcome here… :blush:

Thanks for the warm welcome. Made some progress today, we now have smoke and fire! (real, not cotton balls):slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Pat, this just gets better and better all the time! Great, great job!!!

1 Like

Now featuring soundtracks from the movie BHD, giving it a more Somalian context.

4 Likes

Wow, that tire seems like it is really smoldering! I still am amazed by the robotic!

1 Like

Changed the uniform and added more terrain textures.

4 Likes

Being new at this 1/6 scale segment, I wasn’t aware that uniforms come in different sizes. The original 3-color desert camo turned out to be too short for my figure. It has a Medium label and did not fit well. I finally found one that is longer and I think it looks much better now.

4 Likes

Now that the robotics are finished, the only thing left to do is to detail out the crashed heli. Modeling of the interior cockpit is in progress. These will be 3d printed in resin.

4 Likes

Amazing work! In my opinion the diorama deserves one of the Delta guys to steal the show… Nothing against the marines who put up a hell of a fight

1 Like

Looks great! Maybe have some smoke coming out of the cockpit/cabin of the helicopter? I can’t wait to see how this progresses,

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong but I’m sure it was delta and also the 75 th rangers in that fight. I don’t think the marines were there.

1 Like

Yes you are right! Long time since I watched the movie :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not during the specific events of the story of Blackhawk Down. There were Marines deployed in the area at that time though. That was almost 30 years ago, 9 Dec 1992 when the Marines came ashore. The events of BDH were in Oct 1993.

Oddly not mentioned in the movie there were a few SEALs also involved in the operation.

Actually, if you want to be super picky, that is a UH-1D helicopter shown here, not a UH-60.

I’m not too worried about that, as the display is fantastic. It’s a great little diorama. The robotics bring it to life.

2 Likes

Thanks for that info dude, like they say you learn a new thing every day.

1 Like

Awesome work,you really bought it to life!

1 Like

@Hristanya ,
I did make a Delta animatronic figure here.

1 Like