Custom Remington 870 Express Super Magnum shotgun

Hi All,

After being caught up in the international travel restrictions over the past 6 months, I am finally back at home and back at the workbench. Since returning home a couple of weeks ago, I have managed to bang out a number of new projects. I will share each of these with y’all in turn. I will kick this off with my new Remington Model 870 Express Super Magnum hunting shotgun.

Imgur

Imgur

Starting with one of the hideous green Flagset shotguns from their War Angel Angela figure, I replaced the stock with another from Flagset for a more classical look. The leather cheek rest was salvaged from the spares box, originally from the DAM Spade 3 shotgun. Re-threading the stitching took some time, but it was worth it in the end.

STARTING POINT

The scope and rail were removed and the resultant holes filled with putty and sanded flush.

All of the ‘metal’ parts were resprayed to give it a more metallic look, while the pump handle was painted with a series of layers of acrylic and oil paints to give the impression of wood grain and a few dark brown washes to balance the colour with the shoulder stock.

I, personally, am pretty happy with the way that she has turned out, but I would love to hear what you think of her.

Imgur

3 Likes

I think it turned out awesome, definitely better than the original

1 Like

Glad to hear you’re operating out of home base again. You’ve done a great job on this 870, definite improvement over the original. Is the cheek rest covering up a Speedfeed port on the stock? I think I recognize that stock…no, Flagset, Speedfeed stocks do not come in a wooden construction :roll_eyes:

I have been waiting on one of these for a long time:

I don’t feel that any company has done the basic 870 Police Magnum justice. DAM came closest with their GKS003 A. Lewis figure, but mold reuse resulted in the missing guide ring and front rifle sight specific to that barrel mold - a problem with early DAM 870s. I would like to think they are better with accuracy these days, and I’d like to see them take a crack at an 870 PM again.

1 Like

Boy…all your weapons are awesome. Truly inspiring!

1 Like

Good eye Scrib… Yes, the stock is the speedfeed one from Flagset. I have plans for the rest of the gun that it came with, but more on that later. The stock fit the receiver without the need for any modification. I was initially going to feature the speedfeed with a shell tucked away ready to deploy, but as this is a hunting shotgun, it didn’t make too much sense. Also, the stock is quite narrow and unrealistic. The cheek rest solved both of these problems: it covers the port, and makes the stock profile just a little bit wider.

I hear what you’re saying about the Police Magnum, and I agree that Officer Lewis’ weapon is probably the best we have to date. Prior to that piece being released, I tried my hand at building my own by modding the Remington which came with the DAM GK Spade 3 figure. I removed the extension tube and added some rear rifle sights, turning it into a slug gun.

Imgur

Imgur

Now I just need to come up with a plan for that ugly Shurshot Thumb Hole stock!

1 Like

Meld it onto a handgun, maybe one of those long Desert Eagles. Or one of those spare, DML UGLs - the stand-alone types, with the fugly collapsible stock. I think somewhere, I have a number of those gathering dust, from the early GWOT sets.

1 Like