RUS FLAG PATCHx2
TRI-FOLD RESTRAINTS PLASTICUFFS
LIGHT STICK x2
CARABINER(blue)
IRT REFLECTIVE ARMBAND
TACTICAL RAPPELLING HARNESS
“C”HYDRO POUCH (BLK) WITH TUBE

1 Like

Very slick figure loaded with unique gear. I’m particularly into the OD Defender molle vest and combat suspenders.

Wow, nice release. I love that AK-105!

“Black” operators, cool as they may be, not into them. That said, I’ll be buying that BA vest and rifle for sure.
And BTW, what’s with the bottom pic? Is that blue track jacket part of the set? If so, it could be used to bash both Viktor Zakhaev from COD and Sasha, the tracker from Behind Enemy Lines (one of my favorite movie bad guys:sasha

Dam should stop releasing figures I will buy and also start making Zenitco stocks!

PitViper - second that. Sasha, the tracker from Behind Enemy Lines, very cool bad guy. Nice head sculpt & DAM quality on figure, looking forward to this release.

They reused the head sculpt of Vladimir Mashkov from their cancelled release of the VTS Behind Enemy Lines figure. That project is officially now dead and buried.

Still a great success ahead, and the Spetsnaz remain a safe bet. With a really ‘naughty’ face. :blush:

So I guess the blue track jacket is not going to be there…too bad indeed. Still, the head +/- body is a definite buy for that Mashkov kitbash.
Do you have any suggestions as to what pants to use to create the look of the picture I posted?

I guess I’m the odd ball out here. While I appreciate all the releases for Russian figures from Dam and the others I’m getting tired of Spetsnaz especially Alfa. I’ve been hoping we could get a newer release of a fully equipped VDV infantry or even a mechanized Infantry with some EMR or Olive SSO/SPOSN gear. Even a reconnaissance soldier with the digital Flecktarn would be cool. Or a Russian conscript fighting in Donbass with a mixture of gear wearing Spectre SKWO would be welcome. The SOBR release I welcomed because we finally get a SRVV SURPAT uniform but everything else is a pass for me. Sorry but guess all this waiting for an average Armed Forces grunt and only getting either MVD or FSB releases outside of the nearly impossible to find VDV releases is starting to wan on me.

2 Likes

Just the MP-443 with laser for me from this release.

Yeah, DAM’s kinda stagnating with these Russian SF guys. Give us a trio of Afghan War soldiers! 1. AK-74 w/ wood furniture. 2. SVD. 3. PKM.

If people are into this topic or not is totally up to opinion. No reason to argue about that. I know there were many Alfas lately and so the two SOBRs also announced by DAM are highly apprecaited by me.
Still, after taking a closer look this is quite different to the former 78015 and in general offers great gear. Maybe a change in uniform color like the green MCToys Alfa had made a bigger visual impact though.

Firstly, the headsculpt. The Vladimir Mashkov one should be much appreciated for lots of peoples bashes.

grafik

Helmet is only altered by a cloth cover (like 78020), but seems like they added a female velcro option to the rear of it.

grafik

The vest remains the Defender-2. However, the 78015 comes with the classic version whereas the 78064 is provided with the MOLLE version. They also upped the deatil with some FORT brand logos.

grafik

Only a minor detail, but adds a lot for me. DAM is working their way through all the Hi-Viz armbands now.

grafik

Other changes, improvents and new parts

grafik

Pistol got a small upgrade with the laser and maybe a change in color of the slide?

grafik

The only AK-105 in 1/6 (MCToys aside) got an upgrade as well. It even comes with the GG&G covers only the older and rare 78049 Expo figure MK18 delivered so far.

grafik

I’m very much with you. The best Russian release by DAM was, IMHO, #78019, the VDV in Crimea Airborne Trooper. Nearly impossible to find nowadays indeed, and it portrayed the modern Russian infantry excellently.
A Russian conscript in the Donbass, that would be something else!

I meant to mention the EOTech cover. I did notice that and thought I remembered it previously being exclusive to the NSWDG guy.

Hey Shaggy! Good to see you again, welcome to AF! I like the look of this figure, tho I knew it would draw fire for both the somewhat-repetative subject matter, and being black-clad. I don’t know who makes/influences the decisions on DAM’s releases, but the main influence we Joe Snuffy’s have, is buying them. Being a bit of a tramp for DAM Russians, I wish they’d cover more historical and conventional troops, too. If they are going to repeat (with some variation) previous releases, then a straight-up grunt, or another VDV* would no doubt sell.

*The female VDV figure is nice, but sort of a “…close, but no ceegar…” thing. A modern Naval Infantry figure would work, too.

I am not into russian Figures but there are some very nice parts. The tactical Harness / vest with AK mag pouches, tactical AK-105, knee pads and the pistol holster are on my list now :wink:. The unique EXPS-3 with cover is a must have item. Really great done by DAM with the DEVGRU Figure.

The upgraded and new pieces are nice, particularly the Defender 2. When viewed against other recent releases the value for the dollar perhaps suffers a bit. Part of that is the reused bits, with the AK105 taking the existing model and marrying it to the B21 (B10 is the same rail)/B19 rail combo from the Bobcat’s PP19, more iterative than breaking new ground like some of their earlier Russian figures.

Cant really tell much from that picture, I’ll have to have a look at the film to see. The closest you can get on the jacket is looking at some of the Adidas jackets that I believe ACI or one of their sub-brands did. Not really the same, but they are blue and have stripes. A shame they cancelled that figure as that was one of the more iconic villain portrayals from recent war themed movies.

1 Like

Will this do?

Definitely, although this been a convention exclusive I’d expect the prices of loose pieces to be up there…