DAM hands help

I have been trying out a set of the bare molded hands that DAM has been including with many of their more recent figures, and they seem quite versatile in that they can get a very good grip on pistols and can hold a lot of things. However I’ve noticed that on rifles, they struggle to maintain a c-clamp grip, which is how all my figures hold their guns. The problem I think is that unlike some of DAM’s older molded hands, the thumbs on the more recent hands aren’t bent. Now I could just use the older ones, but sourcing enough of them has been a challenge (especially an African-American version), and I think that the new ones have a lot of potential. So how can I modify the gripping hands so that the thumbs have a bend in them?

You could try warm water and/or hair dryer but I suspect that the fingers probably just will go back in the original position. How ever, The E&S 26004 have a left hand that is c-clamp grip shaped. Now, the hand is fully gloved but the E&S 1.0/2.0 wrist pegs is compatible with DAM. So you could try to source them down if the gloves doesn’t bother you (?)
Cheers!

I have actually tried testing that with warm water and ice water, which did sort of freeze the hand into shape initially, although it eventually return to the original shape. But I think that if I have some way to hold the thumb in desired position throughout the process, and keep it in the cold water long enough, then it might stay bent while it and the other fingers remain flexible. Sort of like how you’d support a broken wrist with some sort of brace to keep it stable. I think a paper clip would work
for that purpose, and will place the hand in cold water overnight.

1 Like

Interesting indeed👍🏼
Could you post some pics when/if your mod work out?
Cheers!

I will also see if they can grip pistols properly, but if so then I can begin purchasing and modifying additional pairs for those figures who use vertical foregrips on their rifles (those that use AFGs or handstops will use the older hands). Then I can make a tutorial on how I put cloth gloves on them.

1 Like