ROP FLARES POUCH(BLK)
ROP FLARES (RED)
ROP FLARES (GREEN)
VX RADIO
BDU BELT
ID PATCH x 4
RUS FLAG PATCHx2
SOVIET NR-43 COMBAT KNIFE
SOVIET NR-43 COMBAT KNIFE SCABBARD (BLK LEATHER)
COMBAT APPLICATION TOURNIQUET
IRT REFLECTIVE ARMBAND
KNEE PADS (BLK)
CHAIN ​​BOLT CUTTER(YELLOW)

Yarygin Pistol (MP-443 Grach) - Izhevsk Mechanical Plant
Law Enforcement Figure Database
Lynx (RYS-T) - NII Stali

SOBR is exactly what I wanted!

And a Yarygin pistol, wonder if North Battalion is coming too late to the party.

78048 is still missing though.

Not too bad. Surpat camo is the highlight here along with a Zenitco equipped AK74M. The CAA stock is quite widely used but still would have liked to have seen them go with the PT-1 or 3.

Me too, maybe that’s where North Battalion will shine. Depending on how their rifles will turn out qualitywise, I am thinking of swapping some DAM AKs for them later.

Overpriced. Official pricing is just 10 yuan under the Syria Luxury Edition figure. I can only assume dinosaurs are expensive to develop and everything else is having to subsidize Operation Jurassic Park.

This is exactly what I’d like to see from them, weapons-wise. A full-size rifle with the full Zenit package and a Grach. And not a hint of camo on either one!

I have actually been sitting on the fence on the two Alpha figures, but this one is a grabber, I think. The Grach definitely (I am a real gun hoor), and I like this sculpt, which looks to be a decent James Badge Dale likeness - a number of bashes possible there.

This one seems to fall in between the more modern “Gucci” guys, and the older modern stuff.

Should be around 2011-2013 period looking at references. These days you would be hard pressed to tell them apart from any other high speed Russian/American hybrid.

Love this! I’m pretty happy, in particular, with the Surpat camo and MP443 pistol. I think I will wind up bashing a Grom or FKSN operator with a lot of this gear rather than keeping it stock though. The only weak point is the helmet, which they should have either also given a Surpat cover for, or preferably replaced wholesale with something newer like a Voin Kiver or ZSH-09 or Skat maybe. Also love the Fort Redut vest, as it has broad applicability within Russian tactical law enforcement. Can’t wait to find out what Dam winds up doing with that previewed AKMS as well.

Great looking figure to be sure. $190 dollars though is the one thing I don’t like at all.

Not even sure how that math works given the Chinese retail price of this figure is less than the FSB Syria Luxury which carried a $175 US MSRP. Looking at it now it likely reflects some of the instability in the USDCNY rates due to all the political shenanigans these days, especially given how long the preorder to delivery cycle can be.

Yeah that price is just ridiculous. That’s what MD has it up for anyway. I dunno, if that is going to be the norm then I may just skip this one, well besides picking up the AK and Grach.

Perhaps the escalated price means they will include the big, knobby tires…

(Insert ironic giggle here)

If only we got some bonus tires!

The tires are the ones from the Taowan Gaz Tigr. That may be a subtle hint that 3 years later it may actually see the light of day, or it may be all that is left from the prototypes. Then again it could be some sort of subtle nod to Russian crossfit training. Pushups on the AK, tip over some tires, then practice throwing spades.

The duality of that is a matter of both some laughter, and admiration. As with all dedicated types, the images are impressive, as long as they are not overused or badly interpreted.

Did they alter the Altyn or is it a completely different version?

EDIT

I think now the black one is the LYNX-T, in which the Altyn evolved into. Whereas the green one is the original Altyn

The things one learns while hobbying -
I’ve seen a video of Russian scout course participants, where they changed magazines with their left hand, keeping the AK shouldered, and then charging the bolt by reaching underneath and up, using their left hand, palm open.
These charging handle extensions explain why that works so smoothly, and it’s good to see DAM has included one.
TRX-EXTCH-2%20chargi%20g%20handle%20ext

I like that, too.

Your info with the AK charging handle is interesting to know. Good DAM is adopting as well!

From another forum, here is a good breakdown of some of the more unique helmets the Russians have used:

TIG: Swiss made titanium helmet, german M31 style liner, square cutouts in the bottom of the visor.
Altyn: looks almost the same, padded liner, rounded visor bottom
K6-3: main model basically the same, some material differences, no comms, reinforced lens edges.
Maska: steel helmet, steel visor, padded looking liner (not really that padded), either a slit in the visor, or strange shaped lens.
ZSh1: kevlar helmet derived from pilot helmets, sometimes seen with flimsy looking transparent visor.
ZSh1-2M: kevlar helmet with same shape as maska, though with awesome looking thick transparent visor.
Rys-T: K6-3 + comms, maybe some other slight changes too.

Yeah they are a lot more ergonomic than the hooked style charging handle. Very common to see those as well as enhanced safety selectors. The AKs are usually fairly tricked out, as much as you can for the platform at least. One thing that surprises me is the prevalence of the Israeli CAA and FAB stocks (as well as other accessories from the two) over there. Then again they fall under the cheap and cheerful realm of upgrades compared to Zenitco’s PT-1/3 options. More so than any other major country they seem to embrace all kinds of gear from abroad, not uncommon to see US accessories on rifles, as well as domestic reproductions of US gear.