LIGHT STICK x2
PEN
MULTITOOL
MULTITOOL POUCH
STREAMLIGHT

GL06 - Brügger & Thomet
G36C IdZ - Heckler & Koch
Law Enforcement Figure Database

How comes I wanted this so badly and DAM is the only company doing it. I can understand they are shaping up to be N°1. Full figure buy for me. Will probably go for USD 200+ on ebay.

78060 should be saved for SHCC 2018 then, I guess.

DAM read my mind… I was just thinking about the GL-06 the other day and wondering when/if it would be made in the scale?

Two launchers for me!

An excellent release, packed with gear, great weapons and a superb likeness to Mr. Smith.

However, I’ll be passing. “Black” operatives are just too generic IMHO, and I need to spend my hobby $ wisely. But an awesome release by DAM nonetheless.

I like that they decided to do this as a RAID figure, rather than a GIGN. I’ve seen some objections elsewhere, regarding the Will Smith sculpt, but this is a really nice one, and I can see other uses for it. I like the carbine and GL, I don’t recall seeing units other than GIGN carrying both pistols and revolvers, I would have liked to see DAM’s take on a Manhurin.
Going to want one of these, to go along with my GIGNs.

Its the Fresh Prince! Not my cup of tea but a very nice figure from DAM. That head sculpt definitely screams born and raised in West Philadelphia. :smile:

Being new to the hobby I’ve been wondering why a lot of headsculpts represent already well known people

My first figure was a Metropolitan Police officer which although was very detailed was spoilt for me with a Wayne Rooney headsculpt

Unless a figure is supposed to represent that person from a movie why not go with a new and original sculpt that is unique and fitting for the figure itself

I think its all part of the gimmick for getting the customers to buy the figures.

Still better than the SS088 KSK with a Miroslav Klose sculpt :laughing:

An original head sculpt can be a risky play. Celebrity head sculpts influence customer purchasing in some markets, particularly in China. It is also a tradition going back to the early part of the market. More important than that an original head sculpt, if not done well, can tank the sales of a figure. For better or worse it has a large influence on the consumer and also the retailer. It is important to know that especially as retailer orders for stock (not preorders) are a large percentage of what gets ordered. Some of the biggest failures of figures have been down to having a polarizing original head sculpt (Soldier Story’s MK46 gunner is a good example of this).

The brands clearly feel based on past experience that a celebrity head sculpt is a safer bet, even if they themselves can be polarizing. If we look at all the standalone head sculpts it is more rare to see an original sculpt. Personally I’d like to see more well done original sculpts done as there is only so many times the market really needs another Vin Diesel, Bruce Willis, Jake Gyllenhaal, or in this case, a Will Smith head sculpt.

Interesting new release here. It’s about time we got more European law enforcement figures given how timely the subject matter has been in recent years. A ballistic shield would have been nice to see here, along with avoiding some lazy reuse of recent parts. Looks like they are using their seamless arms here, an odd choice with a black uniform figure given the darker dyes have a tendency to stain things. Hopefully we’ll see more upcoming releases with a similar theme.

Nice looking release all around. Plenty of gear, yeah, very cool. Not my cup of tea mind you but still a top-shelf release from DAM.

A decent looking figure. A decent subject, thankfully it is not another SEAL. We have plenty. I do like the seamless arm body and will grab that.

I can’t understand why they went with Smith. All people in the world. I am sure there are dozens of great French actors that would match the body. I know what Adam means that the head normally makes or breaks the sale. Just a very odd choice.

Given the recent World Cup and the popularity of soccer/football in China and the Chinese government investing hundreds of millions of dollars in the sport I’m somewhat surprised they didn’t go with Paul Pogba as a “celebrity” head sculpt. Watch his likeness be used for an expo figure now…

Exactly. That is a perfect example.

Are these bashes or the two Hot Toys versions? Mine are waiting as well!

I’ve got the two Hot Toys GIGN figures, and an incomplete bash, based on the old Medicom figure’s loose parts. Picked those up years ago, from a dealer now long out of business.

These Medicom figures were tackling nice niche topics back then. I only own the Austrian GEK and Japanese SAT, but, like you did, with some upgrades they still can stand the age of time.