DAMTOYS 78066 Russian Spetsnaz MVD Bulat Moscow

Parts List:

REAL LIKE HEAD SCULPTURE
DAM 3.0 ACTION BODY
“O” TACTICAL GLOVES x3
THERMAL FACE MASKS(BLK)
FORT REDUT-5T MOLLE BODY ARMOR ( EMERALD)
BLACKHAWK STRIKE COMMANDO CHEST (BLK)
COMBAT SUIT
COMBAT PANTS
BDU BELT
MOLLE BELT (OD))
HYDRATION POUCH
GP POUCH (BLK)
AID POUCH (BLK)
RADIO POUCH (BLK)
T-SHIRT
ZSH-1-2 HELMET WITH COVER
HELMET VISOR
GTX BOOTS (BLK)
EO TECH 552
ZENIT TACTICAL LIGHT + LASER WITH SWITCH
SLING
AK-74M RIFLE
ZENITCO PK-3 GRIP
PT1 FOLDING STOCK
B10M + B19 RAIL HANDGUARD SYSTEM FOR AK74M
RIS TACTICAL MOUNT
DTK-1 MUZZLE BRAKE
AK-74M 30R MAG X4+1
RP1 HANDLE
ZENIT GRIP
YARYGIN PYA PISTOL (CAMO) WITH SLING
YARYGIN PYa PISTOL MAG x3+1
PISTOL HOLSTER(BLK)
DUMP POUCH (BLK)
DROP LEG GP POUCH(OD)
DROP LEG MOLLE PALTFORM FOR L(BLK)
DROP LEG MOLLE PALTFORM FOR R(BLK)
PISTOL MAG POUCHx2(BLK)
MOLLE RIFLE MAG POUCH x4(BLK)
GRENADE POUCH x2(BLK)
RGO GRENADE
RGN GRENADE
ROP FLARES (RED)
ROP FLARES (GREEN)
VX RADIO WITH PTT
ID PATCH x 6
LOW PROFILE RUS FLAG PATCH
COMBAT APPLICATION TOURNIQUET
IRT REFLECTIVE ARMBAND
KNEE PADS (BLK)
GOOGLES WITH COVER
SF LIGHT
PEN
LIGHT STICK x2
CARABINER

1 Like

You sure called it, @AdamC. Here’s DAM’s answer to Magic Cube.

A 74M with a Zenit stock AND pistol grip, and a different flash hider and Zenit handguard to set it apart from 78058. I like it! At least one rifle for me.

Their Russians start to feel all the same, but I am still in for this one. ZenitKa stock and new grenades as well. Also some alterations on other gear!

EDIT

RGN and RGO grenade at once. Nice!

As predicted they usher in a response to Magic Cube, notably the PT1 stock along with other bits they have done.

The Good:

• Redut in emerald. Nice to have an emerald option finally.
  • ZSH gets a cover.
  • New Zenit pieces, B-9M mount, PT1 stock, PK-3 grip.
  • The budget allowed for grenades. Hurray for price increases.
  • DAM nailed the gender for the target audience. Male.

The Meh:

• B-8 for the PYA would have been nice to round out the Zenit upgrades.
  • Well put together but it feels a bit derivative.

The Ugly:

• The world does not need another Jason Statham head sculpt. DAM could really do with actually making their head sculpts fit the subject matter instead of using tired celebrity head sculpts that make little sense for the subject matter. Still at least his hair won’t be an issue for helmet fitment unlike certain other brands.

Some neat pieces with this one even if it feels like more of a don’t encroach on my territory response to Magic Cube. It would be nice to see them returning to innovating rather than following.

Jason Statham goes Spetsnaz :smile:. The AK looks great with that stock and i like the chestrig configuration. The only parts of interest for me.

It’s like this one is coming to life:

Seems like the early comments in China echo that opinion. For a while now it seems like they want to take a subject then spin off several derivatives of the figure using similar parts. I can see why some see that as cynical, but the biggger issue is buyer fatigue, a big problem these days given prices. I mean heck, now we are reusing tires in the promo photos? :rofl:

This probably adds up to the samey feeling. Felt like déjà-vu to me after the 78058 and 78064. They also seem to like skipping serial numbers now.

In the end, still bearable to me, which means I literally like every figure DAM announces in their Elite Series.

Like you said, rising prices again?

I’m liking everything about this. Love the molle armor, zsh helmet, ak with the new flash suppressor, dropleg panels and pouch assortment, and in particular the Russian derivative of multicam that looks closer to British MTP.

I think I’m gonna have to make a custom rifle with a full Zenit package. Rip the pistol grip and Zenit stock off this rifle and add them to the 78058 AK. So I’m gonna need another one of those and two of this rifle.

Doesn’t help. The increases were sub 10% in China, but closer to 20% for everything outside of China so they are a factor. When you start to reach those psychological price barriers like 1000CNY or 200USD people are probably more sensitive to it.

Good idea. Makes me thinking to do the same with the Vityaz from the 78059.

Anybody know what this pouch on the Redut armor is for?

Those bastards… too many cool Russians. Are they getting paid by RT/Sputnik/The Russian propaganda ministry or something? I had no idea there were so many Russian SOF units… and I know there are still subjects they still haven’t touched yet.

LOL, that sounds like the reaction of Axis troops on the Ostfront, about '43-on. DAM will keep pumping these out, as long as they can maintain the market that seems to work for them. Sometimes it reminds me of DML’s Germans.
Nice stuff on this guy, I even think the Statham head is one of the better ones made so far. Multi-use, in this whacko hobby. The pistol paintjob…it can be taken for a quickie spray can job by the user, or just a bit fugly. For all I know, it may replicate an actual pistol someone carries.
As said before, this one might also be just the thing for someone who’s missed the boat on previous figures.

1 Like

Tic for tac for Dam’s answer to MC Toys. Guess buyer fatigue for SpecOps has already set in for me. Nothing I need here so pass and I’ll go back to sitting on my couch waiting for a Russian ground forces grunt.