HAND PADS(DIGITAL FLORA)
GOGGLES
GOGGLES COVER (DIGITAL FLORA)
HELMET AND COVER (DIGITAL FLORA)
MASK (OD)
SHIRT
VKBO BDU UNIFORM(DIGITAL FLORA)
VKBO BDU PANTS (DIGITAL FLORA)
PMK-4 GAS MASK (PART FOR SPECIAL EDITION)
SNIPER COAT (GHILLIE SUIT )(PART FOR SPECIAL EDITION)
CAMOUFLAGE TAPE x20(DIGITAL FLORA)(PART FOR SPECIAL EDITION)
CAMOUFLAGE NETTING(PART FOR SPECIAL EDITION)
LEATHER BELT
BOOTS (BLK)
6B46 MOLLE VEST(DIGITAL FLORA)(PART FOR SPECIAL EDITION)
SINGLE AK MAG POUCH X2 (DIGITAL FLORA)
SINGLE AK MAG POUCH WITH ONE ROP X2(DIGITAL FLORA)
GP POUCH x2 (DIGITAL FLORA)
SINGLE SVD MAG POUCH X2 (DIGITAL FLORA)
BUTTPACK ((DIGITAL FLORA)
Р-168-0.5ум POUCH A (DIGITAL FLORA)
Р-168-0.5ум POUCH B (DIGITAL FLORA)
Р-168-0.5ум AND headset
K5700 ELITE METER WITH APPLIED BALLISTICS
SVD SNIPER RIFLE
SVD MAG 2+1
PSO-1 OPTICAL SNIPER SIGHTS
PSO-1 LENS CAP
PSO-1 GOGGLE
AK74M ASSAULT RIFLE
AK74M MAG 5+1
AK74M SLING
OBZOR 1P63
AK74 BAYONET
AK74 SCABBARD
MAKAROV PM PISTOL
MAKAROV PM PISTOL MAG x2
HOLSTER FOR MAKAROV
RGO GRENADE
RGN GRENADE
6B51 KNEEPAD (DIGITAL FLORA)
6B51 ELBOWPAD (DIGITAL FLORA)
SITTING MAT (DIGITAL FLORA)
OUTDOOR SLEEPING PAD (REPLACEMENT PARTS)
DROP OF LEG GAS MASK POUCH(DIGITAL FLORA)
ID PATCHES x4
FLAG PATCH x2
ROP FLARES (RED)
ROP FLARES (GREEN)
WATCH
MILITARY BINOCULARS AND COVER

Is this a James McAvoy HS? Really like the mask, body armor, and SVD, but the rest feels a bit too recycled from the Naval Infantry release. They also won’t ever, it seems, give us a newer helmet than the 6b28, which is a shame.

It does feel a bit pieced together/recycled like quite a few of their Russian releases. Would have liked to see more of the Ratnik kit used here but this helps fill in some missing bits of gear quite nicely. Perhaps they’ll spin off another version for a gunner.

While nice I would’ve liked the addition of a Digital Flora Jungle (Boonie) Hat instead of a recycled helmet and a gas mask. I also believe the SVD has been done to death and this would’ve been an outstanding release to include the SV-98M to 1/6. Shame all they did was what has previously been released. Have to see the actual production Ghost suit to see if they do it justice. Probably still Pre-Order the Special Edition just to have on hand.

The SVD may well have been done to death by 21C, Hot Toys, and Red Horse a decade or more ago, but those are all varying degrees of junk compared to modern offerings. We haven’t seen one of the current preeminent companies take a stab at the SVD, and I have been wanting one that is up to snuff for quite a while!

Not to say I wouldn’t like to see an SV-98, but I feel the lack of an SVD in my collection is a more glaring flaw!

So cool. However it hurts me to see how similar this is to the loadout of a Canadian grunt… the pattern is similar to CADPAT, the MOLLE vest, even the cut of the uniform

1 Like

Part of this figure’s purpose may be for people who missed earlier releases. It looks like the price will escalate for this one, which can effect who will buy it. Obviously, DAM continues to do what the please, regarding particular weapons and kit.

Is he holding the ROP flare upside down here?

ROP flare orientation

That was my initial thought as well but it looks like they are opened from the bottom judging by the pull ring.

images

Again a nice Dam figure… again a modern russian… boooo… i want my russian tank crew in 1st russian Afghan war :blush:

1 Like

I’d been unsuccessful at finding any pics or details regarding firing ROP flares, and had wondered if they were static, like road flares, rather than ballistic.

Oddly, this image popped up today, and I magnified it a bit. A sure enough vertical flare, and details of the projectile (parachute type?) and perhaps a cover cap, are visible.

Personally, my only hands-on experience has been with the US/NATO M127 illum flare, and the 37mm M8 Army Air Corps pistol.

1 Like

I had read some quotes about them often being braced against a rifle when firing for that reason. Found this picture on BBICN which seems to have the threaded/capped section on the bottom but it isn’t a great picture.

180211jnni5iupr2loqi2o (2)

1 Like

Well, i need that Gasmask. And that Ghillie. And maybe that Uniform. Damned…i think i´m gonna need that whole figure :smiley:

But… i am afraid that the prices aren´t going down for this one… :frowning:

2 Likes

Yah, prices have gone up by quite a bit here in S’pore, the PO price for this set is S$270 whereas it used to be around S$220 for past releases

Hey Aik, check 78075. That’s steep already. Christoph

78063 kicked off the price increases. Based on the NA market pricing, the “entry” series are $189.99 then $219-235 for a better equipped release or one with more new tooling/patterns involved. Over that period and prior we’ve seen them move towards a less basic packaging style and a retooling of their bodies so they seem to be aiming more upmarket.

The dual versions or more deluxe releases seem to be them testing the market to see what collectors will accept in terms of a price. In most cases the deluxe or special version have offered better value for the dollar, especially with this release. If they can hit that sweet spot like this release where an extra $10-20 in retail price gives a higher perceived value then that makes the increases more palatable. Easy Simple has done similar with their 2 (and sometimes 3) primary weapons in recent products.

I suspect we’ll see some price fluctuations in different markets as the shipping costs are getting eye watering these days. One way DAM could keep prices down is a more aggressive push to amortize tooling costs across further Elite Firearms releases. There are quite a few items in their back catalog that would be met with open arms.

Oh…lol…haven’t bought a box set in a while…just surprised to see the jump for this one when I checked the PO prices cos this set looks pretty good

just ordered this…my last russian…i think? lol!

1 Like

hahaha … we always say that :yum: :yum:

2 Likes

Snipers are probably the biggest common link on modern figures for me, this set might be the first modern set I buy 2 of if I can afford it. looks like lots of display options