HEAD SCULPTURE
DAM ACTION BADY 3.5
ONE PAIR ACTION HANDS FOR GLOVES
COLD GLOVES
COLD MASK (OD)
BOONIE HAT WITH BADGE (FLORA CAMO)
GLACIER SUNGLASSES
SHIRT
MOUNTAIN SUIT JACKET(MOUNTAIN FLORA CAMO)
MOUNTAIN SUIT PANTS(MOUNTAIN FLORA CAMO)
LEATHER BELT
BOOTS (BLK)
6SH92 VEST ( FLORA CAMO)
6SH92 BUTTPACK (FLORA CAMO)
RAID BERGEN MOLLE BACKPACK 60+20 L(FLORA CAMO)
ONE PAIR VOG25 /25P GRENADE POUCH ( FLORA CAMO)
VOG25 X2
VOG25P X2
Р-168-0.5ум POUCH (DIGITAL FLORA)
Р-168-0.5ум AND headset
SVD SNIPER RIFLE
SVD STOCK CHEEK REST
SVD MAG
PSO-1 OPTICAL SNIPER SIGHTS
PSO-1 LENS CAP
PSO-1 GOGGLE
AKM ASSAULT RIFLE
AKM MAG 4+1
AKM MAG METAL COUNTERWEIGHT EFFECT ACCESSORT x 6
PBS-1 SILENCER
GP-25 GRENADE LAUNCHER
AKM SLING
AK74 BAYONET
AK74 SCABBARD
PSS SILENT PISTOL
HOLSTER FOR PSS
RGD-5 GRENADE x2
KNEEPAD (BLK)
OURDOOR SLEEPING PAD (REPLACEMENT PARTS)
DROP OF LEG GAS MASK POUCH(DIGITAL FLORA)
ROP FLARES (GREEN)
MILITARY BINOCULARS AND COVER
CLIMBING ROPE x 2
CARABINER x3
DESCENDER
6E5 INFANTRY SHOVEL
CANTEEN COVER(DIGITAL FLORA)
CIGARETTE EFFECT ACCESSORT

2 Likes

holy cow, look at all those mags!

Pass for me, I see nothing interesting here. Using metal mags is an interesting idea but I don’t see why they need to do that. Their German KSK, which is very similar, doesn’t have metal mags and it works fine.

They got the unit wrong, as mountain infantry are subordinated to the VDV, not motorized rifle brigades, as well as a lot of the associated equipment, but nonetheless a really cool figure. That chest rig, full stock AKM, svd, mountain flora uniform, pss pistol, and various trekking accessories are definite pickups for me.

Ah…)$@)&^()&!!! I might have to get this…LOL!

Cool Russian figure again… this time in section “History” instead of the Elite Series… héhé, maybe in 2021 my tank pilot during the first war in Afghanistan :blush: :blush:

Okay, this is one cool figure! Jon Snow goes Ruskie… Not into Russians, usually, but this looks so great, allover, that I will have to get it. Also, I’m kind of fed up with Multicam, at this point, and the only way to avoid it seems to be buying “retro” figures. For the same reason, I’ll probably also buy DAM’s CAG team leader…

Man! I just posted yesterday about willing this into existence! And here it is with both rifles, the PBS-1, and the PSS!

This looks like it will be an expensive one, what with all the gear.

I am not in to russian Figures but this one looks great. It looks a bit like the Damtoys German KSK Figure just in Russian camo and equipment. I like this Figure and perhaps this will be my first Russian buy ;-).

Does anyone know what time period this figure represents? It’s not FSB so it’s not 100% interesting to me, but it’s cool to see a Russian that doesn’t have the same set of SRVV webbing and pouches with a helmet and cool AK.

I think the metal AK mags are a nice touch too

1 Like

Early 2010s I believe, as that rig showed up around then. Also by the mid 2000-teens they had begun to shift most units away from using Flora, and to the pixelated camo patterns like the present standard issue EMR pattern.

1 Like

Interesting. Do you think the AK and SVD with wooden furniture are accurate? I tend to think that most Russian units had, at the very least, weapons with black polymer by that point. Perhaps the age of his rifle is why Kit Harrington looks so sad…

1 Like

Honestly? (and I have no support for the statement I am about to make) No. But I applaud DAM for giving us these wooden-furnitured weapons outside of something like a Gangster’s Kingdom figure, as they don’t seem inclined to do any Cold War Soviet troops.

My weapon collection welcomes them with open arms (barrels?). The AKM will complement the 78070 AKMS well, as will the SVD to the modern 78078 version.

I mean…I guess you could make the argument that if the unit is significantly backwater enough, or if they are super elite, they might have these old rifles in inventory or have wide enough latitude to use them…

2 Likes

I’m in. I’ll get it and add to my collection…but another Russian figure…sigh.

That backpack would be nice piece for a Tarkov chad kitbash. Metal mags are also pretty neat, maybe we’ll see some metal weapons soon as well?

1 Like

Fair enough! I only end up parting out full figures anyway. More variety is always welcome.

I love the metal mags! I’m guessing they are meant to be pouch fillers rather than actually installing them in the weapon(s). It might make the webbing sag/drape in a more realistic way with some weight in it. If it works, I’m buying a hundred lead weights and retrofitting a whole bunch of figures. :laughing:

1 Like

Most photos that I have seen show fairly standard fair modern Russian weaponry; AK-74M, AS-Val, SVD-S, PKM, and so on, so I would say that this soldier is inaccurately equipped, particularly with the older generation SVD. I have seen a few airsoft photos of a role player portraying a member of this unit equipped with an AKM, an unfortunately common occurrence with source material for recent figures. This guy should be accurately classified as a member of the VDV 7th Guards Mountain Air Assault Division.

2 Likes

I did some nosing about, and found references to Motor Rifle units being trained in mountain warfare, some even being equipped with horses for use as pack animals.
The concerns about security in the Caucasus, and ambushes of FPS units along borders, had led to the involvement of some FSB and MVD units, to stiffen the FPS. Apparently Putin advocated the re-designation of some Army units as Detached Motor Rifle Brigades (Mountain). This included, in some cases, the building of mountain training camps/facilities.

I’d wonder if there is similarity to the US Army 10th Mountain Division? It is now designated as a Light Infantry force. Some of its personnel may have gone thru Arctic or mountain warfare training (as have other Army personnel, and some US Marines), but in past years, have deployed in infantry roles . Such designations occur with changes in missions, and by need.

Just went to preorder and noticed the price on this one is $240??? Am I just ordering from a bad site or is it DAM increasing their prices?