M45 CQBP PISTOL
PISTOL LANYARD
M45 MAG X3
SIMUNITION G17 PISTOL
SIMUNITION G17 MAG X3
M67 FRAG GRENADE
MK13MOD0 FLASHBANG X2

4 Likes

Straight outta Compto er I mean E&S playbook.

So, next we’ll be getting the jumpers as well from DAM.

3 Likes

Right on!
Or maybe Western SOF operators in civvies?! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I do like that JPC.

Should I ask where you acquired that image, or just wait till tomorrow for the preview images to show up at major retailers? Either way, after taking another good look at the figure, it doesn’t seem like the battle belt is the type I thought it was, where it sits on the belt line instead of right below it like most current belts do. I guess we’ll have to keep waiting for one that does work like real battle belts. At the very least they show that it’s possible to miniturize MOLLE webbing to such an extent.

Woah, this looks great

That’s a great looking figure, but why? Why snatch ideas like that?

First SS, then rehashing old Hot Toys designs, and now turning their attention to E&S. I don’t get it.

The figure is a work of art though so maybe I need to keep my mouth shut as I’ll likely buy it :laughing:

4 Likes

Nice! Now, we’ll see whether DAM will release a QRF figure with LVAW for the year-end :joy:

4 Likes

Really cool Version and i love this headsculpt a lot and we get a JPC 2.0 PC in Coyote :heart_eyes:.

1 Like

I really like this set, and the training pistol would complete my DAM MSRT figure very nicely but the blatant attempt to outdo E&S is sort of a turn off for me. Don’t get me wrong, I think DAM quality is a notch above, but DAM seems to be allowing E&S to take the risk on designing and putting a unique figure out into the market, and then putting a similar figure out once they know people will buy it (just like they did with KGBhobby and Russian figures).

CTRL+C
CTRL+V

DAM- “Ah yes perfection”

2 Likes

Hmmm…seems like E&S has been infiltrated by a mole.

Happened a few times when DAM was trying to knock Soldier Story off their perch. I guess with Soldier Story’s business completely floundering now it is Easy Simple’s turn to be seen as the primary competitor. Timing seems a bit coincidental coming after ES announced they were upgrading the boots, body, and hands. ES has borrowed, or has been influenced by Soldier Story in the past so there is that as well. At a certain point it can be unavoidable as everyone will be looking at the same reference photos and the success or interest in one product may spur on a similar one, but timing is always a consideration.

When this product was announced sellers of DAM product were told they would be cut off DAM product if they carried it as it they considered it too close of a copy to DAM. There may have been more to that at the time that sellers were not privy to but it stood out as a strange situation. I understand the spirit of competition and brands coming to work on common subject matter but the overall health of the market is best served when this sort of thing doesn’t become a tit for tat.

Hypocritical. They can dish it out but can’t take it.

Really does seem a strange thing to almost completely ape, down to two SKUs with similar loadouts and camo patterns - especially since one of the E&S figures had been out for what, a month or so before the first DAM announcement?

1 Like

The sad thing is dam could have just released this as a modern marsoc figure and have it in multicam instead of marpat, a glock instead of 1911 and a dd mk 18 and there would have been no controversy, all the pouches and pc’s could have even stayed the same and they still could have done gen 3 cryes just in multicam, or they could have made another seal based off the blue team pics, would have been a safer bet since seals always sell well and dam haven’t done a super modern rendition yet

2 Likes

I would prefer the figure you describe.

1 Like

I love the look of this one, derivative or not. The JPC setup is perfect for a modern MARSOC type.

Production capability seems to be the key here, whoever can deliver faster at an acceptable quality will win and E&S seems to be holding that key.

I personally prefer DAM Toys and Soldier Story over E&S as they look great straight out of the box but E&S is churning a smorgasbord of figures at lightning speed and improving the quality along the way. Also they focus on what matters most, the weaponry. They can make subpar figure and gears in the past but still lure people to buy based on the new rifles and guns alone.

SOLD!!! Damtoys is bringing it! I was originally going to buy the other version but the Marpat was the breaking point.

This looks great. Does anybody know who the sculpt is modeled after?