LOLLIPOP
NATIONA PATCH
BLOOD TYPE PATCH
SPACE PATCHES x5
CHAPTER MORALE

Yeah, I want the SMG.

This pretty much sums up my feeling about the fish twins:

1 Like

The first ones they did in the series at least provided the option of two different tops to appeal to different customer bases. These do away with that notion. I get the sense they don’t really know who they are marketing to. The head sculpts and body have limited appeal to the Phicen and other female figure collectors as DAM still struggles to make a non-cartoonish female head and the body is completely proprietary down to the foot pegs. On the flip side of that you have some military gear that is more likely to appeals to military collectors. The female figures have flopped with a lot of retailers for that reason. Not easy to part out, and stuck between two audiences otherwise.

1 Like

As we are talking about prices right now. This further DAM release might hit the USD200, too. At least according to ebay. The anticipated SIG will probably sell for USD100 then.

DCG003 and 004 are out. Get your MPXs.

Some quick information on these. Nice pieces and worth to get. However, consider this. Both colors came with warped barrels, no spring inserted and putting back the front takedown pin will be a chore.
I inserted short, but large in diameter springs, dewarped barrels with hot water and now attempting to put back the front pin.

Is dewarped actually a proper word?

Unwarp, I guess part of the QC process consumers need to do these days. Is the barrel easily removed? In the past I’ve thought it would be a good idea if brands built supports into the handguards to properly center a barrel even if it is warped slightly. It seems like a simple solution to the problem.

Thanks, unwarp.

Barrels are quite stiff or even glued in and I didn’t dare to apply too much force. However, also the muzzles are mostly not aligned with the barrel. Most sellers display images with nice barrels.

Looks like someone messed up the spelling… Nana’s got a pee problem…

It’s from the homepage of a french dealer, so I don’t think it’s a prank.

Hahah! Yes I got this… and yes it is Pisses hahaha! The headsculpt is horrible and is Barbie level. Very disappointed. I was surprised the English forums I frequent didn’t talk about this. Maybe no one really bought this figure.

Common to all their female head sculpts unfortunately. I’m not sure if it is a deliberate stylistic choice or if their sculptors are just really struggling with female likenesses. I find a lot of the female headsculpts on the market to be quite awful outside of what Hot Toys produces.

1 Like

I don’t think Darkzone Tracy or IDF Nachshol are THAT bad…

1 Like

Definitely. I quite liked the headsculpt in the promo pics but the actual product is many steps down. The Chinese forums weren’t happy haha. Had to buy a phicen headsculpt to replace.

It did have glasses and a hat for a reason. :rofl:

The thing with their headsculpts (in general, the two you name are some of their better examples) is they have a caricature element to them. It’s almost as though the same person who sculpts their GK line is handling them. For whatever reason female head sculpts in general often end up like this or with an exaggerated barbie look. It just seems like an interesting contrast to male head sculpts which look more realistic for lack of a better term. Maybe that’s down to the paint apps, which are often very simplistic for female heads. To be sure there are some absolute :poop: male headsculpts as well.

1 Like

Do other loose headsculpts like Phicen fit on the DAM female body?

1 Like

I got one of the Gemini figures, at least they had outfits beyond the usual military pinup bs. It came in a PINK box, so I guess that says everything about the thought processes behind the figure. Wish, there would be more REALISTIC female military figures. The Mini Times female HALO SEAL may also be fantasy, but at least comes with a real uniform and equipment.

I haven’t had time to check them out but maybe over the weekend I’ll have time. I’ll let you know then :grinning: