TACTICAL KNIFE
SCABBARD
TOURNIQUET
M249 PARA MACHINE GUN
AMMO BOX X2
METAL CHAIN AMMO
MACHINE GUN SLING

1 Like

Third figure in the “Operation Red Sea” series.
This time it is the female character Tong Li who is proposed … (Chinese special forces haircut :yum: :yum:)

Are the female characters in Dam shorter than the male?

I like the chest rig she’s got, although it doesn’t seem to fit very well over that knock-off Tac-tec PC. Good to have more variety, I guess.

I haven’t seen Operation Red Sea, but I have gone over its IMFDB page a few times.

Always thought this chick looked like an ass-kicker…and then I see this figure, with its typical-for-DAM generic doll-like female headsculpt. Where’s the scowl, the grime, the scars? I have to wonder if there were stipulations in place from the license holder or the actress.

I’m sure these figures sell well in the Far East, but I’ve wondered for some time how well they do on this side of the globe. So far I haven’t bought a single one of them but I’ve started to think whether these will be the new “bad guys” for my SEAL’s/SF figures. Any thoughts?

She’s still “nicer” in real life :blush:

Luxia Jiang2

1 Like

Real question for anybody versed in the Chinese SF community. I’ve looked up the various units that are publicly acknowledged, and most appear to represent a regional command, rather than a particular mission or skillset role, and so are more historically similar to Soviet era special forces. As far as I can tell, they don’t have an organization like SOCOM, JSOC, or the SSO, and so don’t really have tier one units like their western and now Russian counterparts.
That said, does anybody know whether there is some top of the heap SF group in either the PLA, PLAN, or Ministry of State Security, and whether they would feasibly have access to the diverse array of western weaponry represented in these operation Red Sea figures? I believe the unit here is the PLAN “Sea Dragon” SF group, but every photo that I have seen of PLAN commandos shows them pretty homogeneously equipped with NORINCO weapons and gear.

I wonder if the movie did it to make the team seem more exotic using foreign weapons, kinda like western movies always potray western sf units using Soviet bloc weapons, I know western units use them when the mission dictates but I also think movies embelish a bit on how often

Ps. Admin if this post breaks rules, let me know, ill delete

I think it would be best to avoid politics in the current climate.

Must be brain-fade, but while I watched the movie, I somehow blanked out that one of the unit was female. I have the male SAW gunner, it’s pretty decent, all-around. I haven’t pursued the character figures any farther, as it was just a piece of luck, getting the one.

NORINCO has made Minimi/M249 clones, for export. It is reported that Chinese police units have some. SOF units seem to have access to a lot of stuff outside official issue, some might prefer the SAW to their own version. Glocks are already in some special police and PAP inventories, and are ubiquitous around the globe. I imagine the Chinese 9mm pistols are good firearms, but the guys in the movie are operating in a foreign environment (albeit fictional), where they rely on what they carry, a bit of what is on their ships, and what is available locally.

2 Likes

Me too, couldn’t have judged by the picture posted here.

I tried sitting through the movie, the only was I could tell the gunner was a woman was by the subtitle saying “FEMALE GUNNER” to be honest.

Originally I thought the weird 5.11 Tac-Tec and the extra-brown ATACS uniforms was just DAM’s mistake, but that’s exactly what those pieces look like in the film. Must be Chinese-made copies/variants of those products.