DML is aiming to return to 1/6 business

Our 1/6 collection returns!
Stay tuned!

1 Like

I’ll reserve judgment until we see what level of quality they output, and for what price.

2 Likes

Followed link - looks like they are dipping into past WW2 figures catalogue minus body. You get head & all the gear. Range called “Action Gear”. Good for those who are into WW2.

Disappointed personally, was hoping for a new fresh launch into 1/6. Concentrating on more modern figures/subjects (I feel that is what sells well today).

All the best to them, maybe if this generates cash they will develop other 1/6 projects (modern SF vehicle plastic kits…U can only Dream)

There was a lot of good old DML stuff, I particularly liked their weapons. As they began including cloth items instead of molded, I had high hopes for them. It seemed like the will of the plastic scale model majority, and the final glut of post-9/11 military figures, sort of jammed them up.

As for that header, it reminds me a bit too much of an earlier one:

Still waiting…

I have just checked their Facebook page and yeah, it looks like this is just a rehash of older parts repackaged into a small plastic box. Looks to include: uniform, kit, weapons, and headsculpt. No body included. Pics below from their Facebook page show the contents and packaging of one of these “new” Action Gear sets.

So they’re just cramming the FG42 in there without any kind of support? Um, okay. Some of the accessories stuffed into the ziploc baggie could get scuffed in transit too.

StG-44 pouch, but no rifle or ammo.

Do Dragon heads fit on ANY modern neckless body? If not, I doubt Dragon Neo 3s are THAT hard to source, but Dragon has not produced any figures from which to source bodies in…five+ years? Nearly a decade?

This just seems like a cheap cash grab with rehashed gear/existing molds. I hope some will make use of these, but I would like to see Dragon innovate.

After further review, I think this is old unsold stock from a decade or more ago with the bodies removed. So no newly-produced parts. Disappointing.

That is what I thought! Same rehash. I saw this post on OSW I think 2 days ago and posted. Sad…they really had nice weapons…

Apparently they have been doing this since April…it just flew under our radars.

1 Like

As long it’s WWII only it was a waste of time posting this topic. I was expecting modern parts and not rehashed non-moderns ones.

What was the meme on OSW? “He’s with Agent Grace Mack in the Humvee!” Applied to anything they teased but did not release.

I like HT’s Stoner 63, can’t say the same for many of their other weapons. Scale issues and heavy paint washes abound!

1 Like

Yep, both of those things were broken promises. That really burned up the guy who was involved with the Dragon club, Scott (???).
When Dragon released the Falklands figures, there were some shortcomings, but it also looked like they were going to really step up.
As was oft-posted, it seemed like WW2 Germans, and US paratroopers were considered meat and potatoes.

1 Like

And a few MP44s still pop up in conflicts, now.

DML has just announced a massive amount of these Action Gear sets. Personally, I think these are old unsold stock deboxed with the bodies removed to save on shipping. I highly doubt any new production was done for these.

Perhaps some may be able to find a use for these. I don’t think I saw anything that I want or don’t already have in my collection.

I would have called foul if I saw an Action Gear set for Artur Hecht…then I would have believed that some new production had been done.

1 Like

Was this around the era that they repackaged the USMC Recon “Nate” accessories with a different body? I still have both, but it was essentially the same figure.

I’ve kept an eye on these - crossing fingers for Falklands or Vietnam sets, maybe even some of the Iraq war stuff. Seem to remember some US SF under the banner of “Swift Freedom”, Delta/CIA types.

Just purchased my 1st Action Gear set WW2 Brit with Piat (Arnhem). Interested to see what lands on my doorstep - 1/6 scale stuff in a plastic take away box LOL

I recently did a gigantic purge of dusty/sticky Dragon figures with saggy elastic. I had quite a few of the “Swift Freedom” figures and some of them stood up to the test of time better than others. They were definitely not all created equal, but some of them (like the Nam line and the Rangers) are consistently decent.

That being said, my “Graham” Falklands Para is still a great figure, the only things that are lagging are the headsculpt and the boots. After cleaning him up a bit I was inspired to pick up the “Dave Wilson” Royal Marine gunner and he is an excellent figure. I debated picking up more of the Falklands line from that era, but realized they are all virtually the same figure with different weapons and headsculpts. At some point I will probably break down and get more since the cost for all of them would be around the same price as one current DAM figure.

Riding this wave of nostalgia, I also picked up Kevin Yates, the Special Forces M-60 gunner and he doesn’t look great in the box, but I think once I put him together and replace some of his plastic bits he will look great… very much like “Flip” but in coffee stain desert camo instead of woodland (and coming in at only $42!)

2 Likes

Talking about nostalgia, I have the Falkland Dhaka Gurung GPMG Gunner still unboxed. Took a look and it’s a nice figure, still. Also once bought the “Evan” SAS sniper, mainly for the Arctic Warfare rifle and did some modding. Maybe, I should have a go and do an update on him. I never liked the fact that there was so much plastic on those Dragon figures, as well as on many of the ones from BBI, but that can be remedied…

3 Likes

I ended up discarding about 50-70 older figures and I agree, BBI and Dragon plastic bits do not hold up compared to today’s standards. It was interesting going further back into the shelves and seeing the progression. Dragon did slowly but surely transition over to sewn pouches, and the Falklands figures reflect that.

The funniest thing is that I didn’t preorder the Damtoys Urban Warrior figures because I remembered I had the Dragon one… I dragged it out, saw how terrible it was, tossed it and immediately preordered a Terry Crews to replace him. Haha.

I remember that Evan figure, he was really nice for the time, but for some reason I didn’t like that he didn’t come with a hat and didn’t order him. Haha.

1 Like

Right, I missed the hat, too, haha. So the first
thing I did was to stick a DPM boonie on him…

2 Likes