E&S DSA58 series prototypes

Looks like E&S is working on tooling for a whole range of FAL derivatives. Seems a bit low-speed for them, unless these are meant for PMCs.

I hope we get some 30-round curved mags. I have never been able to confirm this, but I think the Barrack Sergeant 30-round mags for their L4 (Bren) LMG were compatible with their L1A1 rifles. Problem is, the L4 sets were incredibly limited (100 worldwide?), and they only came with one mag, so you’d have an unloaded LMG if you donated its mag to an L1A1. Never did see any of the L4s for sale.

I think it’s too much to hope for multiple barrel/forearm/stock types in a single set so the end-user can DIY, but hopefully they do a whole range of differently-configured rifles. Some of these prototype parts may never see release.

2 Likes

Odd choice. Perhaps repurposed for a Garand Thumb figure utilizing bits from a failed GWG Falklands project?

5 Likes

Really nice weapon and something different. I would love to see this Version too. Some 30rnd mags would be great for my SASR L1A1 Vietnam conversion.

4 Likes

Great, finally sth new. Highly appreciated here. Hopefully, they won’t drop it.

1 Like

Is the FAL popular in the video game world? A character from Call of Duty or Tarkov?

I remember there being a modernized version available in CoD Black Ops 2, although that’s almost a decade ago I believe :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hmm, that is an interesting choice for E&S. I’m definitely down for one should they become available however.

1 Like

Looks great, and there are a huge number of bashes that this can be of use for. Personally, given how modded out these look, I’d like to buy one or two to use in a Brazilian LEO/military bash.

2 Likes

The options of different handguards, and barrel lengths make this an interesting teaser picture. Some L1A1 looking stuff, and more modern DSA58 stuff as well. It will be interesting to see where this goes.

1 Like

Now we’re talking!

Finally we see a whole new weapon platform. It’s about time. While this may not be as high speed, sexy, or as modern as some other weapons, the L1A1 / FAL / SLR has been one of the most widely used platforms around the world for the past several decades. I for one welcome this announcement. I started work on a custom DSA58 OSW a few years ago, and am very excited to see which direction E&S goes with this - hopefully with a new weapons set based on this platform.

I particularly like the modularity that they are approaching this with…

• 4 different barrel lengths
  • 2 different handguards
  • 2 different RAS
  • 3 different stocks
  • 2 different mags (and hopefully an extended 30 round mag in the works too?)
  • 2 different bolts

The sheer number of variations with these parts is massive.

6 Likes

The FAL rifle is in use by South American Military. For example Brazil or Peru. I have seen a documentary from Discovery Channel about the Crime in the Slums of Brazil and the Police/Military uses, among other weapons, FAL Rifles. DS Arms in turn offers modernisation upgrades.

3 Likes

Yes, but I’d be shocked if Easy & Simple’s next boxed figure is a Rio de Janeiro SWAT officer, wouldn’t you? :thinking:

I’m speculating on where they are going with this. It’s quite out of left field, kind of like the M16A4 sets. I’d anticipate a tacticool FAL appearing with the next PMC series figure.

2 Likes

I personally do not think E&S will release a Brazilian or South American Figure at all. There will not be enough demand for it. I think they will just release some rifle sets like the Doom series to make money. Hopefully with some different versions and with 30 round magazines too. Would definitely make sense in this case

4 Likes

I’d like to see a maritime PMC operator, as they often have a bizarre mix of new and antiquated gear. Alternatively, it would be cool if they leaned into ME or North African conflicts, as FAL derivatives are widespread in these.

3 Likes

I love the idea of all this stuff in one set up.

More likely, we’ll see them released as 6-8 rifle sets, and to get what we want, we’ll have to buy all the sets and swap parts like we usually do.

3 Likes

That is exceedingly likely. They know they can squeeze more money out of us that way.

An alternative is to have a single set that has all the barrel lengths and forearms, but only a single receiver to fit them to. Thus requiring the end user to buy just as many sets if they want to have complete rifles built simultaneously. This would mean more plastic in one box compared to a set with a single, fixed configuration so it is unlikely.

1 Like

I hope it sells in weapon sets only and people go for it. Then ES should do the same with AUGs and FAMAS.

2 Likes

If they go thru with these, they could sell to enthusiasts outside contemporary figure bashing. Post-WW2 Commonwealth and Falklands bashers have been looking for the rifles for years.
I believe Weylen Tseng has offered some, his products are finely made and have decent paint apps.

I have a number of 1/6 FNs of various makes, but I’d be glad to add a few more of these.

2 Likes

Mexico as well. Some junior grunts in the Mexican army still use the FAL and some HK G3 as well. Although the FX 85 Xiuhcoatl (fire serpent) is the organic weapon of the more senior soldiers and Army SF (GAFE or Airborne Special Forces Group) along with HK 416, HK MP5 and MP7 and in a lesser way M4 platforms.

2 Likes

There are so many different weapons platforms that they could go with. I agree that it would be awesome to see some new sets with various AUG, FAMAS, SA80, TAVOR, or SIG 550/1/2/3, although I can’t imagine that any of these would be a good investment as there are only a limited number of figures which they could release these with, and all of which are quite niche. It would be more likely to see more weapons sets of AKs and M14s as the moulds already mostly exist for these … although this too might be some wishful thinking.

3 Likes

Yes, these would awesome as well!

I herad rumours several years ago that ES did an AUG prototype, but has never seen the light of day.

1 Like