Plastic Handcuff
640 Hellstar Strobe
SI Gascan Glasses
LAPD SWAT Badge

Strandhögg SAPI Cut Plate Carrier - FirstSpear
TASER X26 - Axon
Custom - Kimber Manufacturing
Law Enforcement Figure Database

Prediction, this will be relevant not long after release: http://www.lapdonline.org/trademark

Nice Figure but the Soldier Story Versions are better in my Opinion. Best parts are the Weapon with the new handguard from the Doom sets and the head which should probably represent Ryan Reynolds. Easy Pass for me.

It’s an older handguard they have reused for this one, the Geissele SMR 416 rail. They have used it quite a few times now. I can see why they went for this figure as practically all the parts they have already done but it would be nice to see something other than a figure that revolves around a HK 416/417 as they have been overdone in recent years.

I’ll probably get this one. Looks like a fine alternative to the DID SWATs.

But I just hate the ES pants and shoes. Also the rifle attachments are kind of lame, but could be swapped. Their plastic parts definitely excel DID’s quality, not the headsculpt though. Let’s hope they keep their current price moderate, unlike DAM.

Ps. I am missing a gas mask here!!!

Ahhh, my false. Like you said a reused part. It is a pitty :-(. Then just the head for me ;-).

You get the Gas Mask Carrier. Perhaps the mask is folded in there :smile:. New hidden E&S feature :smile:. That is the problem with E&S. Good Figure ideas but there is always something missing.

:smile:

You could add DAM, too. Only Soldier Story is still paying attention to detail, therefore they are my number 1.

I just relized now they put Special Weapon and Tactical instead of Special Weapons and Tactics. Strangely they didn’t try to work around the LAPD.

These days it is better if brands go for generic packaging and make any trademarks non-permanent where possible (ie hard to avoid on a rifle or boots, but uniforms patches can be done separately). The City of New York issued takedowns for the Soldier Story figures in North America and China and I would not be surprised if Los Angeles did the same.

The Soldier Story figures only recently appeared in the US after being smuggled into the country. Trademark enforcement is now a regular process in China, which is why brands like Supermctoys have had to change gears from using unlicensed fashion brand trademarks to their own. A little bit of subtlety goes a long way given imports from China are under more scrutiny by the US given the trade issues.

They can issue that outside their country?

Let’s not hope this will make our figures too generic in the end. Or they should just go for the license, whereas I have no idea how much that would cost and if it would still be lucrative to sell such a figure then.

Yes. Chinese ecommerce platforms/marketplaces have been under considerable political pressure from the US side in recent years. IP enforcement is an important part of the current US/China dispute. Foreign rights holders can use various right holder systems on different platforms to take down listings. Here is an example of one in China from the Soldier Story NYPD release. It’s important as it penalizes sellers with strikes against their accounts which can lead to sellers. Brand enforcement varies quite a bit depending on category and brands and isn’t very consistent some cases. It used to be mostly a US issue but now it is an issue in China as those platforms modernize.

Only a matter of time before Jack Bauer comes out of retirement from the CTU, to join the ETU.

More SWAT material for enthusiasts/team builders. As for trademarks for publicly-funded organizations, it still feels like more, unneeded litigation.

Did they sneak this out? Saw parts available already!

Yeah, looks like this is out already.

Came out at the end of last year.

How did I miss that? That’s two weeks already :open_mouth:

grafik