Easy & Simple 26046R 75th Ranger Regiment 2nd Ranger Battalion

2 Likes

Ewan McGregor sculpt, many reused parts, new Gustav sight and other things I care less for. Cloth boots are developing nicely with E&S though!

A bit sad they use the same round for the Gusav as in previous releases and no new one or at least the Gene Yu one.

Might be a release for the newer collectors who missed out.

2 Likes

Some very nice new parts. Headsculpt looks good too and E&S attempt of cloth boots is also promising. That is a good step forward. The new target device of the launcher ist cool too. Very nice new Plate carrier, new combat Uniform and the communication / Radio System is fantastic.

1 Like

Looks awesome and new bits and pieces are always a good thing. Love the H/S but will pass on this one, have the first one and happy with that.

2 Likes

As said before some nice parts. The cloth boots look really good and we get a FAST Maritme / SF Super High Cut helmet in MC! But definitely not a complete buy for me.

1 Like

Hmm… I think the original version of this was better, and all this super new modern stuff actually looks kind of weird, especially the kneepads and the 2nd ranger logo on the back of the helmet like it’s WW2 again is this really how rangers look now?

6 Likes

Do Rangers today still wear the Eagle Industries plate carrier? I thought right now they either wear Crye JPCs or AVS

That Ewan McGregor sculpt is absolutely cool! A nice reminiscence of BHD!
I passed on the first version, but might have to go for this one!
Maybe, there’ll be a version with camoed weapons, which I would really dig!

1 Like

Yea there’s a couple weird choices for an up-to-date ranger figure. The eagle mbav and M9 pistol in particular

I don’t know, I initially didn’t like this figure but it’s growing on me. I definitely want the SAW, possibly a full buy for me as well, we’ll see what with the almost $200 price point.

Somebody on FB pointed out that the Rangers have been toting Glocks. Maybe the newer SIG pistols as well?

I wonder how many flags are carried like that, if this maybe originates in the one carried during Op Redwing.

1 Like

Hmmm. Nothing too interesting here. It’s actually a good feeling to be able to skip a release!

5 Likes

Speaking of the flag: how do you fix it to the PC? There are quite a number of figures sporting the type of flag and I haven’t figured out how to attach them. The cord that’s wrapped around is too short to tie it to the MOLLE, I have actually torn some in the process of trying to loop them thru…

2 Likes

Very cool. Definite buy for me.

2 Likes

Is that the old “where’s the Glock?” question again? Sorry, old joke from another time and figure haha. That said, I haven’t been studying Ranger ref pics recently, so it could be a valid question now.

I missed out on the first versions of the Rangers a couple years back, so I may have to go for this one. I prefer the SAW over the SCAR anyway. The updated Gustav is nice too.

Grimes, can I get two powdered and a sugar?

2 Likes

LOL, I was thinking that if this was that Grimes, he’d be in his late-40s or more.
One of those legends, seasoned and hard as nails, a senior NCO, or maybe a WO…

2 Likes

At least he doesn’t have a goatee :laughing:

2 Likes

Remember, when everyone is shooting, shoot in the same direction… :joy: Love this one. The headscuplt is great done for this.

4 Likes

This figure looks great. I have the older version and the boots on this one are a major improvement. Hopefully they have found a way to keep the Gustav optics from falling off on this one (the mount looks much sturdier).

1 Like