Easy & Simple 26047 Private Military Contractor Urban Operation Sniper

3 Likes

Definitely looking foward to that DSA/FAL and patch. Good to know that ES did the railed handguard and foldable stock as well.

E&S DSA58 series prototypes - General Discussion - Armed Figures

Any reaons they used Sean Connery? Maybe to utilize that patch. Can’t think of the movie at the moment this figure might be based on…

2 Likes

Nice weapons, ridiculous headsculpt.

I’m having that chest rig for sure.

1 Like

Not a very cohesive figure. Not feeling it.

As a part out? Loving pretty much everything as a loose item for other bashes. Like the 26039 PMC. Not a great figure. But great parts source.

Younger Sean Connery. What’s not to like about that?

4 Likes

Well, this one neither stirs nor shakes me…
At least, we know where the FAL is going to end up, now.
I will try to get the smock loose, could come handy for some half-civvy SAS bash.
Maybe the chest rig and pants.
Not a gun collector, so the FAL doesn’t mean that much to me.
For SAS, a HK G3 would be cool, though.

2 Likes

This could be a really good release but i do not like the compilation. This is like typical former PMC releases with a good idea but bad implementation.

They added four weapons which increases the price. Either you have a sniper or a rifleman. This loadout is thrown together. The chestrig holds only ammunition for the FAL. No extra ammo or pouches for the Sniper rifle. Why the extra grenade launcher?

The green trousers, with different green colored side pockets, do not fit for me. Also the boonie has a different green color. Trousers and gear with britisch camo or from South Africa former Rhodesia camo had been great too. Also a british style chest rig had been great. The black multicam pouches does not fit for me.

The head has a great likeness to Sean Connery. The modernized FAL is great too. A 30rnd magazine had been a very nice addition. Jacket is good and the boots looks good to me too. Nice backpack and the chest rig with ammo pouches is now avaiable in multicam tropic. Good for a SOCAFRICA Figure. The figure is nothing half and nothing whole. In relation to the 26044 Figures this is a step backwards.

4 Likes

I don’t think it will be a higher price, it’s quite light on gear besides the weapons.

3 Likes

It’s a shame the smock isn’t black, or in DPM pattern. It’s a strange colour for a very niche piece in 2022.

3 Likes

Definitely not into this one , just doesn’t do it for me , feeling a little sad at the minute. I felt e/s were on a great roll there for a bit. There’s no rock on here. That’s a shame.

1 Like

The pouches have this weird sheen to them, are they supposed to be in multicam black or what? If so I might get a couple of the pouches to serve as IFAKs, as well as the suppressor and cover.

1 Like

Nothing in this appeals to me, but I’ve never really been a fan of the fal either, E&S made a long sleeved multicam rugby shirt and Clay spencer hs and they give us this and a m16 set, I hate to be negative but I don’t understand them sometimes

4 Likes

I really like this set, I think he looks great. Having too many weapons is never a problem for me (although I might stash the grenade launcher in the MR pack). :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Woody: I’m with you!
They feature/preview these cool DEVGRU prototypes and Clay Spencer, both of which would be a no-brainer buy for me and probably for quite a lot of you guys.
Instead, they churn out old-school weapons and this strange PMC.

2 Likes

I’m a FAL fan so happy to see DSA58. As for the figure like so many of you it’s leaving me underwhelmed. Some of the photos with hat/shades/jacket give me a slight inspector Clouseau vibe.

I really do not like head sculpt - when I see this head I just think WW2 Para - it’s been so over done.

The plus side figure offers some nice parts for kit-bashes. I wish they had broken figure down and sold parts as accessory packs

2 Likes

DSA58 and AWP pick ups for certain. Everything else is a hard pass

1 Like

It’s a interesting figure with some new, unique parts and a sculpt rarely seen.
As a kitbasher, this figure’s components have tonnes of potential.
I don’t understand why people are disappointed that a fictional SEAL isn’t being released.
Generally, some are nigh on wetting themselves with excitement about similar PMC releases or so called Tier 1 releases. These too fall easily in the fantasy LARP category.

1 Like

Well this is an interesting choice by E&S. While individually the weapons both look great - with the SA58 being a most welcome new addition to the hobby, the combination of an AWP with an SA58 is a little unconventional to say the least - particularly for a modern-ish PMC. I would much rather have seen an SA58 OSW with RAS, folding stock, and extended mag though.

The outfit is perhaps the most incongruous part of all of this. I assume that it resembles something which Connery wore as 007, although that does seem more in line with something that Roger Moore would have worn. Either way, I am not convinced that we should be taking fashion choices from 007. He did get about in that sky blue terrycloth onesie in Goldfinger … so there is that!

5 Likes

Put a goatee on him, and you could have Neil Connery, Sean’s little brother. I’ve seen him in a 007-knockoff, “OK Connery”.

E&S has definitely stirred up the locals with this figure. I agree that it has parts-mule potential. Perhaps a bit zany on their part, a character operating in Africa or some other part of the old empire.
Even a contemporary version of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, sorting out some mischief by various bad actors.

Odds are, this may become one of those regretted for not buying, as time passes.

“Never Say Never”, lol…

6 Likes

I knew that the outfit of this figure somehow looked very familiar. It reminds me a lot of the PMCs in Africa as seen with this video.

https://youtu.be/_j6BWSZGyFg

2 Likes

Just noticed that both rifles have slings. That’s a really positive development!

1 Like