• SAFARILAND 6004 Tactical Holster
  • AXON TASER X26
  • CTS 7290 Flash Bang x2

Patches

• LA Police x2
  • IR US Flag x2
  • Blood Type Patch
  • Call Sign Patch “Ray”

Here it’s. The figure which release I actually missed. Quite uncommon as I ususally monitor the items I want very closely. Not sure if sneaking this out was due to the SWAT topic itself, because it’s hard to sell these loose parts or copyright issues.
Anyway, I like it a lot and here is why.

Somewhere around the 26024 ES started to ship in these small boxes. It’s actually handy, might save on shipping and is less likely to be caught by customs.

Applying the vest already is one option to decrease the size of the box.

In the first place I thought of a deformed Ryan Reynolds, but I think I am wrong here. Any suggestions?

This review would theoratical be a good opportunity to compare to the DID SWAT figures, but I couldn’t be asked due to the amount of work that would require. I’ll mention differences of the same items in the written content though. For reference please have a look here:

DID LAPD SWAT Assaulter

Some people hated the DID SWAT and take this ES figure as a good replacement, but in my opinion, they are both having their values and nice parts.

T-shirt has a great fit, DID didn’t manage to achieve this.

The logos looked a bit better with DID, but are more durable on this one, as DID’s logos are prone to breakage due to the way they applied them on the cloth.

The top has same good quality as the T

Elbow padding is well implemented

You can even remove the protector

Velcro for the wrists. I should mention that ES has great velcro on any figure so far I can remember. Even if the flap of the male part has only a millimeter to attach to the female it will grip.
The worst velcros I had in the past were mostly with SS!

A shot of the different materials they used for this item

The usual belt and pants with some new additions

The velcro above just holds very tight. I remember tons of figures where it loosens itself after time and the attached lanyard just falls out due to that.

Closer look at the pants

Real pocket

Fake pocket, but the made the effort to apply a tiny zipper to it, which is an improvement

The following pockets can be used, but are all partially sewed up

Kneepads are softer than usual

You might be able to remove them, but I avoided possible damage and didn’t dare to pull any harder

Velcro for knees and ankles

Reinforced crotch

I have never seen this style/brand of gloves in 1/6 before. Unfortunately, they are still suffering from too soft material and struggle to hold a rifle properly.

Boots are molded and are one of the rare drawbacks in this set

Sunglasses sit well on the nose/head

Helmet

Strap is stretchable, still not realistic, I guess, but helps a lot in putting on a helmet with headphones. Was very time consuming with this figure anyway.

NVG mount

P/N 28300G01
NVG MOUNT
WILCOX
MFG CAGE: 004F1
PATENT PENDING
XX-XX-XX

Helmet camera

Helmet light

Strobe light

Completed helmet. Camera slights on nicely with mine

Headphones (as a sidenote, don’t apply the helmet padding where the headphones gonna sit. It will be too bulky and interfere with a proper fit of the headphones helmet combination)

The mic doesn’t attach properly to the headphones. I needed some force to make it hold in place more or less. As long you don’t move or touch it it will be fine.

Cable and connection

Same PTT as the DID figure. Only a small difference in the clip to attach it to the vest.

Radio looks more crisp than the DID one

Vest is a newly introduced item as well, I think?

Needs to be said that this (MOLLE?) system is highly driving you crazy when threading through the pouches

Opening mechanism is without velcro. It’s like half a tube in which you slide the solid counterpart.

Somehow it’s not working on these shoulder straps. They are either stuck or glued together

Inside

Plates provided

Pouches

Medic

Radio

Utility pouch

Large utility

Kangaroo pouch for rifle and pistol mags

Full vest

Utility belt

Comes with drop pouch

Taser and grenade pouch

Tight fit for the grenades but manageable

Gas mask pouch without a gas mask

Holster has a loose fit, but preferable to a too tight fit, which will damage the pistol or will require a lot of filing

Lanyard

Forgot to take a pic of the completed belt. Sorry!

Here is the figure with the gear reviewed so far

Patches

Tactical gear

Cuffs

Carabiners

Light stick and pen

Easy & Simple writing :laughing: Reminds on the SS112 jacket. Only that a jacket matters much more than a tiny pen.

Trauma shears

Watch

Batch

I checked several retailers and this misplaced police print is apparent on all of them

Weapons

Flashbangs are proeprly done

Taser

ES is the number one company to get tasers from. Interesting to see though how SS would do them.

Kimber Custom TLE II

Excels the DID pistol by a lot.

One thing though. Removing the mag is not possible for me unless I poke them out through the ejection part. They have nothing to grip on.

Custom TLE/RL II
KIMBER YONKERS NY USA
KXXXXXX

Rail

Slide lock movable

Further angles

Gun light

Geared up

Mag

I didn’t disassemble it as all of you are fed up with 416s, but this on is not another dull copy, except for its core. It comes with nice and new parts.

First of all the 20rd mag is very welcome by me and changes the overall look of the rifle. All mags are highly detailed. However, you can’t detach the ranger plates.

30rd mag

30rd EMAG

Rails

Sling mount and sling

MBUS sights

Laser

Sight doesn’t fir for me and looks kind of cheap how ES manufactured it.

Light

This one can be attached to a rail adapter

Plain rifle

HK logo on the stock

Geissele handguard

Charging handle

This is a nice system to attach the sling

Stock

Handguard provides a hole for the adapter

Geared up but without the sight. I’ll use the MRO from the GA0003D rifle like in the pic and will upadte this review with picures as soon as it arrives.

Complete figure pics

Update

I applied the MRO from General’s Armoury

:heavy_check_mark:

• Lots of new gear like weapon light, vest etc.
  • Improved Kimber pistol compared to DID and improved G3 clothing
  • Good QC/quality parts and no damaged items in the box
  • Good addtion to the older DID SWAT figures as you can’t really compare them due to different gear (quality left aside)
  • EMAGs and PMAGs provided for variety (your choice which to gear up with)

:x:

• Molded boots (having difficulties posing the figure: sole of the boots seem uneven or so. need at least a figure stand or wall to lean the figure at)
  • Sight (personal preference)
  • No gas mask
  • Mic doesn’t attach properly to the headphones
1 Like

Great review as usual. I know it’s tricky to compare this with the DID one, but I think there’s a lot to be said for how the gear and uniform go together for the overall look of a figure, and I think ES is clearly the winner (IMO) on this one.

BTW, the vest is a First Spear Strandhögg (although I think the real one doesn’t have the integrated velcro on the front and rear plates). Looks like an improved version - without orange shoulder straps - of the ES CIA SAD vest from awhile back.

Although it does look like quite a pain to thread MOLLE pouches on that laser-cut vest, I hope they continue making more vests like this (5.11 Tac Tec, etc).

0 Likes

nicely done @chpo :+1:

0 Likes

The parts they share ES definitely excels DID. No doubt about that. I just think DID really nailed it with their vest, clothing and the overall look. But I can’t deny it has quite some issues!

Thanks, didn’t know it was once released already. Someone knows if you could detach the shoulder straps from the front part of this vest?

0 Likes

Very nice figure, I love the HK416 and its different chargers, and as always, not a fan of these molded boots … and yes, well seen for Ryan Reynolds, he looks a lot like him :wink:. Thank you for this very good review, and beautiful acquisition …:blush:

0 Likes

Very nice detailed review. Interesting Figure and i like the HK416 with that 20rnd mag as curved Version. The vest and pouches are nicely done too.

0 Likes

Another helpful review. The rifle looks real good so I may have to own yet another 416. May not have a 1:1 any time soon but I will have tons in 1/6.

0 Likes

Chpo, you can detach the shoudler straps. They might be a bit tight.

0 Likes

I am glad you like the head. We originally designed the head who may or may not resemble Ryan Reynolds to be used for the General’s Armoury Heavy Breacher Figure. Unfortunately due to an exorbitant consumer price tag, we had to forgo the full figure idea and BAM, we have the GA2001 Heavy Breacher Gear Set and the GA0003 SCARs :stuck_out_tongue:

0 Likes

Alright, let me try. Thanks for the advice!

0 Likes

In its original release ( CIA SAD) the vest had loose shoulder straps where the tubes would just slide off .

I am happy that they are tighter in this version. Also note there is a short length of “bungee” attached to the shoulder tubes , it could get caught and add extra resistance

0 Likes

Tighter is probably better than detaching itself constantly.

I applied the MRO optic from your SCARs. It’s at the very end of my review just above the pro and cons. Much better choice in my opinion.

0 Likes