French Uniform Question

Hey guys I’m back it again with another question regarding my current French GCP in Mali bash. I have obtained the only French uniform I could get my hands on. It’s the uniform from the French Breacher figure by Easy and Simple. The uniform features 2 little straps by the thigh pockets. Is this uniform an actual uniform? Is it custom? What I am getting at is what is the deal with this uniform? I haven’t been able to find it in any reference pictures I’ve come across? If you French enthusiasts have an answer for me I would love to hear from you. Thanks!

Yes, these pants are avaiable. Iti is not the exact same design but they are made from ripstop material. You can tighten the trousers in this area with the straps on the leg.

1 Like

Thanks! Really helpful

1 Like

What a great idea. I’m always envious of the European militaries with properly-fitted pants; CADPAT combats are excessively baggy and prone to tearing

2 Likes

They look like a modern version of earlier US trousers from WW2 on, which had cloth tapes on the thighs. I believe the idea was to secure them for air drops, or to support loaded cargo pockets.
The French were supplied with those in OD, and then they manufactured their own.

1 Like

I mean who doesn’t like the slimming combat pants look, right? :wink:

More likely the actual reason for them, and it’s a good idea. Movement is noisy.

2 Likes