Hello all, here’s a Spetsnaz figure I’ve been tweaking for a very long time. This is my take on what I consider to be the archetypal Spetsnaz look - Gorka, black kit, shield.
Located in the North Caucasus region of the Russian Federation, Ingushetia was the site of a large-scale insurgency linked to violence in neighbouring Chechnya beginning in 2004. Nazran, being Ingushetia’s largest urban centre, experienced some of the heaviest fighting and a number of terrorist attacks. By 2015, the insurgency had been largely pacified by security forces.
With this figure I’m going for a “classic” Spetsnaz look (as mentioned above), situated in the 2008-13 time period where old-school kit was mixed with modern technologies. It’s also, as I discovered while researching FSB loadouts, very similar to the Modern Warfare 2019 default Spetsnaz character design. I wanted a break from AKs so I armed this figure with a Glock and a BZT-75 shield - something you see much less frequently than the larger VANT variant.
1st Line / Uniform
- Boots: Crispi Sahara EVO, black (DAM)
- Uniform: Slavyanka Gorka 3 suit (DID)
- IFF: MTR “Alien” Yellow IRT armband (DAM)
- Gloves: Oakley SI, black (DAM)
- Joint Protection: BlackHawk! kneepads, black (VTS)
- Helmet: LZSH 2DTM “Volcano” (visor variant), black (DAM)
- Holster: SSO/SPOSN Assault Leg Platform / Vector holster, black (Super MC)
- Armour: Fort Defender 2, Diagonal MOLLE, “Khaki” / Groin Pad (DAM)
- LBV: BlackHawk! Strike Omega, black (Super MC)
- Patch: FSB Hi-Vis (DAM)
- AK Mags: 4x FORT Bastion AK Shingle, black (Super MC / DAM)
- Canteen: SRVV CP-L Utility pouch (1L), black (DAM)
- IFAK: SRVV MP-MED / chemlight holster, black (DAM / ES)
- Belt: SRVV Tac-Bel V2, black (DAM)
- Pistol mags: SRVV UP-Fast-PLC, black (Super MC)
- Admin: SRVV Admin pouch, black (Super MC)
- Radio: VX-600 + mic, FORT Bastion pouch, black (DAM)
- Shield: BZT-75 titanium shield,
- Sidearm: Glock 17 Gen 3, 19 rd mag, Zenit flashlight (SS + ES)