ФСБ Альфа (FSB Alpha) "Shield man" in Nazran, 2010 (Gorka Ver.)

Hello all, here’s a Spetsnaz figure I’ve been tweaking for a very long time. This is my take on what I consider to be the archetypal Spetsnaz look - Gorka, black kit, shield.

Located in the North Caucasus region of the Russian Federation, Ingushetia was the site of a large-scale insurgency linked to violence in neighbouring Chechnya beginning in 2004. Nazran, being Ingushetia’s largest urban centre, experienced some of the heaviest fighting and a number of terrorist attacks. By 2015, the insurgency had been largely pacified by security forces.

With this figure I’m going for a “classic” Spetsnaz look (as mentioned above), situated in the 2008-13 time period where old-school kit was mixed with modern technologies. It’s also, as I discovered while researching FSB loadouts, very similar to the Modern Warfare 2019 default Spetsnaz character design. I wanted a break from AKs so I armed this figure with a Glock and a BZT-75 shield - something you see much less frequently than the larger VANT variant.

76f77017851e89bcc9a2c50d730838ee4e5ed1a5_2_365x500

1st Line / Uniform

• Boots: Crispi Sahara EVO, black (DAM)
  • Uniform: Slavyanka Gorka 3 suit (DID)
  • IFF: MTR “Alien” Yellow IRT armband (DAM)
  • Gloves: Oakley SI, black (DAM)
  • Joint Protection: BlackHawk! kneepads, black (VTS)
  • Helmet: LZSH 2DTM “Volcano” (visor variant), black (DAM)
  • Holster: SSO/SPOSN Assault Leg Platform / Vector holster, black (Super MC)

2nd Line

• Armour: Fort Defender 2, Diagonal MOLLE, “Khaki” / Groin Pad (DAM)
  • LBV: BlackHawk! Strike Omega, black (Super MC)
  • Patch: FSB Hi-Vis (DAM)
  • AK Mags: 4x FORT Bastion AK Shingle, black (Super MC / DAM)
  • Canteen: SRVV CP-L Utility pouch (1L), black (DAM)
  • IFAK: SRVV MP-MED / chemlight holster, black (DAM / ES)
  • Belt: SRVV Tac-Bel V2, black (DAM)
  • Pistol mags: SRVV UP-Fast-PLC, black (Super MC)
  • Admin: SRVV Admin pouch, black (Super MC)
  • Radio: VX-600 + mic, FORT Bastion pouch, black (DAM)

Weapons

• Shield: BZT-75 titanium shield,
  • Sidearm: Glock 17 Gen 3, 19 rd mag, Zenit flashlight (SS + ES)

Reference

5 Likes

The figure does a good job of representing. As much of the kit began to show up, via MC and DAMToys, over a fair mount of real time, super cool becomes old school.

Thanks! Yeah it’s interesting to see how things change. Certain pieces of kit (helmets, weapon systems, etc) remain the same for awhile while load bearing kit and uniforms seem to change much more rapidly, leading to interesting loadouts.

1 Like