Glue attachments to guns?

How many people here glue the attachments to their weapons?

I for one do not do this. To get a tight fit, I add superglue gel to the attachment, let dry, then with a jewelers tool, file off the excess for a tight fit.

Just wanted to know if someone does it like me, or similar, or do you glue it on?

2 Likes

I use glue only if the attachment does not fit well, like for E&S weapons that have that issue.

1 Like

Usually for me clear double sided adhesive strips work the best. Much safer for your accessories than the superglue method, and it doesn’t risk leaving any sort of residue on your rails.

1 Like

I use a glue adhesive that is tight, but when you put a little solvent on there, it makes it loose. I use nail polish remover (contains acetone) when I want to change or remove an attachment.

1 Like

I use clear double sided adhesive strips too. Works very well and you can remove the attachments later without a damage. I would never use super glue on my Weapons or Optics.

1 Like

For me no glue … but what a pain these little pieces that slide and fall all the time … I will try your trick :wink:

1 Like

I use a needle, insert it into non-super glue and move along the attachments where they grab around the rails. This way, it fits the designated weapon and no tape needed, but also not visible. KInd of the counterpart to filing.

2 Likes

For loose rail attachments I will cut a tiny piece of black electrical tape, stick it to the rail, and slide the attachment over it. Usually this will give it enough grip to stay in place but also allows you to make slight adjustments or swap it out if you want.

Usually one piece is enough to shim the gap, but if it is still loose I will apply another piece over the top (the tape pieces are pretty tiny).

2 Likes

I tend to go double sided sellotape - cut off small strips to keep them as invisible as possible, even build up depth with tape (same as fresheddiefresh idea with electric tape). Have not needed to superglue gun attachments.

Used glue on other items - mending webbing - Headphones: fast helmet adaptor falling out of helmet rail.

Superglue is a last resort option for us all I feel, but it is still a part of the 1/6 collectors tool box (just rarely used if ever)

3 Likes

I have used double-sided tape, masking tape, and electrical tape on the undersides of attachments, but nine times out of ten I’ll go with the double-sided as it has been the most consistent.

I use some Krazy Glue on the undersides of attachments that are too small to feasibly stick tape to. I let the glue dry for several hours, then stick the attachment on the weapon. I most recently did this with the tiny offset front sights on the new SMG M110A1s.

2 Likes

I mostly use double sided tape, as well. Some non-superglue for radio antennas and the like. Superglue is definitely a last resort because it’s permanent and also because it does cause stains. Also, I have used thin layers of (black) acrylic paint, especially on the inside of maxwell if the mags are loose and fall out.

2 Likes

That is what I mean! Great!

There is no residue because it has been dried. I have been doing this on all my weapons, not a problem yet with residue. Superglue gel gives you more control than just superglue.

MadQuack: I do the same with my mag wells also, but with superglue gel. You don’t see it.

1 Like

Personally, I really like to edit my load-outs from time to time so glue has always been a detriment. I really suggest just using the dark grey packing foam that comes with box sets! Keeps everything in one spot and you can tear away any excess!

2 Likes

Wow…that is really good advice! No stains or residual of any kind! I will try that.

2 Likes

I do it similar to you. Apply an even and thin film of superglue (the low-viscosity type) to the attachment, leave dry, test and repeat until it doesn’t slide freely. This works for E&S’s RAHG and M-lok handguard rail pieces as well, when the glue is applied precisely with a piece of pencil lead.

I’ve yet to outright destroy any weapon or attachment, but beware - the dried superglue may be harder than the base plastic. Pushing an overly tight or rough superglued surface against the rails repeatedly may mar or damage the weapon.

2 Likes

3M 300lse. Cheap and designed specifically for plastics.

2 Likes

That’s what I use, works really well!

3 Likes

Do you use superglue gel type? Much more control! And then a jeweler tool to file the excess? The triangle shape one is the best!

1 Like

I like my superglue as fluid as possible, it’s easier to get tiny amounts on a pencil lead that way. I don’t usually end up with excess glue on the attachments, unfortunately.

2 Likes

I prefer gel type glues because there’s a lower risk of it flowing and getting on parts that I don’t want glue on.

2 Likes