How to stop heads from sagging?

Hey guys! I have this problem with several of my kitbashes - the head I put starts sagging and I end up with several depressed looking soldiers. Happens with necked heads and I use blue tack to keep them on. Any ideas how to keep them upright? Thanks

I’ve had that problem with the necked heads. If the ball of the neck adapter is too small in diameter, I carefully apply some super glue to the ball, wait until it’s almost dry or cured, stick on the head and move it - again carefully. That usually works for me. Mostly, it occured with the 1.0 E&S heads on some Truetype clone body.

1 Like

I tend to use double sided tape. Layer it up until head is vertical, and still has movement. Have considered using glue dots, but not tried it yet. Oh, good quality blue tac can work - sometimes find head can sag again over time, especially if moved a lot.

2 Likes

Thank you guys!
And some extra words to meet 20 char minimum.

1 Like

I use thermofit sleeves to enlarge the ball joint and after that simply put the head on it. Works also for neckless heads.

2 Likes

Now, that is a cool trick, indeed! Never thought of that one!
Don’t they rub off, though?

1 Like

Not so far. Two years have passed since the first one I repaired that way and still stiff. Give it a try. Might work.

1 Like