KAC Stoner LMG (Light Machine Gun)

Hi All,

It recently dawned on me that it has been over a year since I last posted anything here. Since my last post I have moved country yet again and am now at a point where things are a little more settled. I now have my hobby bench set up and for the first time in almost 10 years finally have my collection all in one place. I am still in the process of organising and displaying my 1/6 arsenal and will share some more pics of that later when it is ready to be shared.

In the meantime, I have found a little time to work on a project which has been on the drawing board for some time now. Today, I want to share my latest custom weapon build: the KAC Stoner LMG (Light Machine Gun), aka the Stoner 96.

This basis for this build is the Stoner LMG which came with one of the old Vietnam figures from Dragon (I am not sure which one). Though this looks so much better than the original, relatively little work went into this build. I shortened the barrel, gave her a fresh coat of paint, a little light weathering, and some new attachments. The one thing not shown in the pics are the couple of tracer rounds added to the ammo belt after I took these photos. You be the judge!

Imgur

Imgur

Alas, in my latest move, I had to abandon the brick wall backdrop I made a couple of years ago (see HERE), hence the new background used for these photos. I will probably get around to making another backdrop again one day, but that’s a project for another day.

As always, your thoughts, comments, and/or suggestions are welcomed. Cheers!

8 Likes

One of my favorite looking guns of all time, you really made it look superb turkeyshot. Well done.

1 Like

Dude, excellent job on this gun! I love it.:+1:

1 Like

Good to see “old” Dragon guns still in use today! Great work!

2 Likes

Nice upgrades to that classic Dragon piece.

The Laser, Spectre, and BBI ammo box really kick it up a notch. And the new rail pieces look awesome. Looks like some drybrushing on the metal parts.

Nice simple additions, and it gives that Stoner new life.

I think I had 3 or 4 of these at one time. Probably just down to one now.

1 Like

Oh man, look at that. What a beauty.

1 Like

Thanks SC! Thanks for the kind words, mate.

Cheers Darren! Appreciate it, mate.

Thanks OSO! I have always loved the look of this old piece and knew that there was some potential in there to make her even better.

Thanks cdn_rhino! You have a keen eye there, my friend. There was indeed some gentle drybrushing all over this piece to help make the details pop - including on the mounted accessories. The box mag and the ammo belt are actually both from TC, from their old Mk46 kits. Needless to say that this is a huge improvement over and above the original box and belt. The TC belt is all metal made from individual links and rounds. It really adds to the realism of this build.

1 Like

Cheers Luke! Glad you like her, mate.

Great looking weapon,you certainly know how to bring out the best in it.

I believe it was the dml “Terry” figure it came with and think I too have a few lying around I may have to dig out and mod after seeing how effective small changes make to the appearance.

3 Likes

Thanks Nickb40 - for the kind words and for the clarification on the DML figure!

:beers: Cheers!

1 Like

I recently purged a few dozen old dusty Dragon figures from my shelves, and Terry was one of the few that made the cut. Such a unique figure!

1 Like