New custom M14 rifles

Hi Guys,

As prefaced in another thread recently, I have found some time to get back to the workbench and today would like to present you with a couple of new M14 variants which I have been working on. Both of these pieces started off as stock COO Model M14 rifles (80016-80020), and both have received extension customisation. While the quality of the COO Model pieces pales in comparison to rifles made by the likes of SS, DAM, and E&S, they are not too bad, and can be made quite decent with a little work.

First up, I’d like to show off my new M14 Designated Marksman’s Rifle (DMR). Custom work on this piece includes a new paintjob, a modified Scope mount, and the addition of a new scope and bipod.

Imgur

Secondly, I present you with the shortened M1A SOCOM 16. This is the second version of this rifle that I have now made. This piece sports a custom snakeskin camo paintjob and a custom scout rail.

Imgur

Both pieces together…

Imgur

… And with the rest of the family. Note that this is not the entire collection. I still have a couple more versions in the works and one or two more in storage.

Imgur

As always, your thoughts and comments are welcomed.

10 Likes

Fantastic builds! I love them all. Good that you’re back!

I’m looking forward to your upcoming work.

1 Like

Yes indeed! I am glad turkeyshot has gotten back in the game. It is always nice to see his customs. Great job!

1 Like

Thanks OSO! Good to be back, mate.

1 Like

Cheers Dave! Thanks for the kind words

1 Like

Great bunch of M-14s, good to see the venerable warhorse getting attention. Your mods really sing. The top rifle reminds me of bbi’s M-14 that came with the Army SF sniper, ‘Prowler’. They also released an old school, scoped, folding-stock M-14 with their SEAL helo sniper, ‘Hawkeye’. DML, which did some excellent weapons, also released a scoped M-14, with their Army 10th Mountain soldier, ‘Ryan’.

These days, lots of marksmen/snipers are “…seeing someone else…”, but the M-14/M-21 platforms, are still plenty lethal.

2 Likes