New Member. British Royal Marine in Afghanistan.

Hi all. New member here from the UK and this is my first post. This is my last project that I completed a few weeks ago. A British Royal Marine in Afghanistan. I am currently doing another British kitbash and I hope to have that finished in the next week or so and I am just waiting on some parts to arrive that I need before I can get him complete and posted up as well. Hope you enjoy. Hicks451

14 Likes

Looks real good. Love that base too really adds a lot of character to the whole package.

2 Likes

Thank you Pherocosmo. Really appreciate the kind words bud and well pleased you like the whole kitbash including the base. Kind regards. Hicks :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Outstanding bash! A superb first showing, and welcome to Armed figures.

2 Likes

Beautiful work mate, love everything about it. That desert DPM gear is very scarce and valuable these days.

2 Likes

Welcome aboard, excellent bash the weathering and attention to detail is top notch. Great all round job dude. :+1:

2 Likes

That is awesome! Really great! Welcome.

2 Likes

Great job excellent figure :raised_back_of_hand:

2 Likes

Dear members. Thank you so much for your kind words about my Marine as well as the warm welcome many of you have given me. To see comments like this when you see such high standards coming from all of you high class kitbashers just blows me away and I cannot thank you all enough. Again you are correct Warden as most of this kit is now becoming harder to obtain but luckily I have managed to collect a decent amount of modern British kit over the years that I should be able to churn out at least another three hopefully four new Modern British kitbashes. I am actually in the process of doing a British Para as I leave this comment and once I have a few more items delivered I hope to have him complete and posted up within the next couple of weeks if the items arrive on time. I will make sure to post even more pictures of my Marine once I get my camera station built up as a permanent station as I just do not have the room at the moment and so I have to keep on putting it up and breaking it down each time I want to use it so for now I am just waiting in till I have more to photograph before I do more 360 pictures. Well thank you all for your kind comments and I look forward to seeing everyone’s fantastic kitbashes as I do more searches on AF and I will post up some pictures of my British para as soon as I have him finished. Have a great week all. Hicks. :+1:

2 Likes

hey hicks,

this looks really cool and well done.
i like the base and makes a kitbash always alive!

2 Likes

Thank you Recon. Thank you for your comments and for mentioning the base. I always feel that for certain kitbashes but not all of them it is nice to add a decent base so you can get a much better sense of the environment and area some of the regiments did their tours in and it can add to the all round kitbash. I also try to research what type of environment they had their operations in so that I can try and match it the best I can so when I get comments about the bases I do as well as the figure I know it was well worth the effort and especially coming from members and collectors who know this hobby far better than me. I am well pleased i have found this place and I am just gutted I never knew about AF earlier. Have a great week mate!!! :+1:

2 Likes

Welcome, great weathering! Is that an L85, which brand?

1 Like

Splendid Royal Marine !
The others have cited the particilar qualities already. I’ll only add that it really looks like a living being.

1 Like

Looking awesome. :+1:

You’ve got to add the other pics to get the full show.