Package stuck in customs

Wondering if any of you have ever had a package stuck in customs and what’s the longest you’ve ever waited for it. My ES 26040C figure was shipped on May 6th. It arrived in the states on May 16th and has been stuck in customs processing ever since. I reached out to the seller and the feedback I received is that it’s pretty much a waiting game at this point. I just hope it didn’t get “lost”. :confounded:

1 Like

Things rarely get lost but it can take months for things to pop out of the ISCs as they don’t really have a first in first out system in place. When they get heavily backlogged things just end up getting offloaded into containers and the old stuff gets pushed to the back. Technically they have 45 business days before they have to respond to any inquiry from the postal service, but even then it is hard to get any answers as they aren’t going to drop what they are doing and start sorting out all the backlog for single packages.

Usually the customs guys will just blame the postal guys and say they don’t have it, which is usually what has happened, with the package stuck in a bin with a bunch of other stuff waiting to be presented to customs. With some of them like Chicago I’ve seen anecdotal reports of up to 6 months in extreme cases. The few I had routed through their took 2-3 weeks sitting before they were offloaded to another ISC for clearance. You can try initiating a missing mail search but I haven’t seen many people commenting they had much success. Things are a mess between staff shortages and the head guy essentially sabotaging USPS for lack of a better term.

1 Like

Yep that’s exactly where it’s at Chicago ISC. I’ve never had a package stuck in customs this long. It’s usually been in an out. I wonder if it was flagged for some reason and then pushed to the back. Guess I’ll just continue to wait and report once it has arrived

Very unlikely your package itself is flagged, but whatever bin it is in may likely be. Very common with shipments from China or other Asian "source: countries due to targeted enforcement checks for things like ali/wish suppressors and glock switches, counterfeit luxury goods, drugs, medications, etc. For fun you can read a list of seizures here. If you pass the 45 business day mark I’d file a missing mail search. Courier is the best way to go for future stuff, budget permitting.

This pretty much sums things up there:

2 Likes

Missing mail search has been submitted. We’ll see.:crossed_fingers:

It arrived! All is well again. :raised_hands:

2 Likes