Pararescuemen in Afghanistan WIP

A little background info:
Hey everyone! Recently I decided to get back into 1/6 figures after years of having them sit in boxes from when I was a kid and had no idea what I was doing with them. Now that i’m older and can actually appreciate the figures I thought it would be cool to start building some “bashes” from the mess of parts I had laying around from way back when and start to weather them and get into diorama building as well. I had about three modern figures to work from; A Soldier Story Pararescueman NO.SS018, A Soldier Story Future Combat Systems Testing Team NO.SS031, and lastly A Soldier Story CIA Sad Night Ops NO.SS037 all of which I lost pieces to and abused over the years haha.
The Figure:
I decided to revamp the pararescueman figure based on the parts I had left and dio I wanted to build down the line which would take place in Afghanistan. I ditched the ACU camo and found a pair of multicam combat pants and shirt I had laying around. I kept the plate carrier, backpack and helmet from the original figure and painted the helmet with a little snake skin pattern and added velcro to it as well. His rifle is the original M4 from the figure except I must have glued an HK416 stock to it back in the day sadly. I then added a camo paint job to the rifle as a test for future bashes, I do think I will be replacing the rifle down the road along with some other pieces to help make the figure more accurate. I will also be weathering the figure some more when I get the dio started to help blend it in with the scene. This is still very much a WIP but after scrolling through this forum and seeing everyones awesome work I wanted to get my first post out of the way and to try photographing the figure for the first time as well. I have a bunch more figures in mind to build and I will keep posting updates on those and this one as I go along! I’m excited to be a part of this community and get back into a hobby I enjoyed many years ago!

8 Likes

Hey mate welcome to the forum. That’s a great looking bash you have there. Great photos to and I love what you done with the helmet. Iam shore you’ll enjoy your time here. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

1 Like

Welcome! Great work :slight_smile:

1 Like

The weathering on the uniform looks great.

1 Like

Thank you for the warm welcome Darren I appreciate it!

1 Like