SIG MCX with SIG Suppressor

Hi to all,

i wanted a E&S SIG MCX with suppressor like the Polish GROM is using. After some work the last days i finished the conversion today. I will have to straighten the Rail of the handguard. These are two parts like the real handguard. That will be an easy fix. I will add the attachment parts like aimpoint, grip etc. in the next step. I have to paint the suppressor and will add a camo paint job with my airbrush to get the GROM look. Hope you like it.
GROM MCX Version

E&S 26017 SIG MCX Original

E&S 26017 SIG MCX with suppressor

Resin copy from LVAW suppressor

Update:

8 Likes

Looking good so far Col.Braddock! Are you going to switch out the stock and grip as well? Both are available in scale…

• The stock can obviously be sourced from the E&S LVAW
  • The pistol grip is similar to the LMT ergo grip released on multiple E&S rifles (L129A1, L129A2, various HK416’s, recce rifle)
  • Even the vertical grip can be made, or at least closely approximated. It is very similar to the Zenitco PK-0 released on various DAM AKs

I look forward to seeing more progress on this.

1 Like

Hi turkeyshot,

thank you, i have the mentioned parts ready for use. The optic looks like an aimpoint with lens covers. Also E&S has done this. I have this too from the GWG SAS Figure. The vertical grip looks like an combination of the Zenitco with an older AR-15 grip. Can be done for sure i think ;-).

Just to help you on this project I believe the foregrip is actually a Keymod Sig Sauer vertical foregrip. I have no idea if it’s available in scale but just thought to help out a little.

1 Like

Hello Pherocosmo,

thank you for your input. I know these two avaiable in 1/6:

(Damtoys)
opplanet-sig-sauer-fore-grip-hand-stop-keymod-blk-black-grip-hs-keymod-blk

(E&S)
l_100026750_2_m

I would need this one:
itacpicgrip-keymod-vert-blk__56557.1541718053

I am not really sure to switch these parts too. I am happy with the silencer at all but i think the change of the stock and pistol grip for example would be cool looking. I have try to remove the pistol grip and it comes off very easy. So that is allready done ;-).

1 Like

Looking forward to seeing the updated pics

At the weekend ;-). I will add the different stock and pistol grib. The Aimpoint, Laser and light will come too. I think i will keep the vertical grip. Il ike this one and it fits very well.

Update: added different stock, Laser, pistol grip and a new round mag

5 Likes

Nice work CB! Now I am eager to see your paint job and see how close you can get it to your reference pic

Me too, me too :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. The airbrush is ready. First time i will try to do a more complex camo scheme.
Pistol grib, front grip, stock and magazine will be black. I think this will be a good contrast.

2 Likes

That sounds cool dude. I reckon it’s gunna look great, good luck with it mate. :+1: