Tactical knee pad (1 pair)
Tactical gloved weapon hand (1 pair)
G-Shock watch
Armor plate x 2

WEAPON

G17 9mm pistol
G17 9mm 17rds magazine x 4
G17 Pistol safety lanyard
Night-OPS XIPHOS pistol light (attach to G17 pistol)
CQC Serpa drop leg XIPHOP light holster
MP5A5 Sub-machine gun
MP5 blank firing barrel adapter
MP5 brass catcher
MP5 Surefire forend flashlight
MP5 Aimpoint mount
Aimpoint CompM4 red-dot sight
Front & rear sight cover
MP5 9mm 30rd magazine x 2
MP5 9mm 30rd magazine /w exercise red tape
HK 3 point tactical sling

COMMUNICATION

Motorola MTS tactical radio
Motorola MTS radio antenna
Motorola bone conduction ear microphone and PTT switch
Microphone cable clip

PATCH SET
Embroidered velcro name patch x 2
Embroidered velcro call sign patch x 3
Embroidered velcro HKSAR flag patch
Embroidered velcro blood patch
Embroidered velcro CTRU patch
Embroidered velcro “POLICE” patch

0 Likes

EXFIL Ballistic - Team Wendy
Law Enforcement Figure Database
MP5A5 - Heckler & Koch

A good time to highlight the quality control of Soldier Story’s MP5. Every single one of their MP5’s from the NYPD featured I came across had this issue. One would hope they have fixed it for this release, but I received no response from my inquiry on the issue.

0 Likes

Some nice bits but honestly with the shirt and HS he just looks kinda like some weird tactical schoolboy

0 Likes

I’d have to agree. I assume this is an actor of some note among teenage females in Asia.

0 Likes

I can’t explain why I really like this figure. I am not even a fan of Police figures. In fact the only thing I don’t like is the pants and shirt.

Maybe just because I can see a Division type figure using all this gear without the Police look to it.

0 Likes

Let’s see about the MP5. The head sculpt is a bit off in my opinion.
But still, looks really good to me and will buy. No problem after 3 consecutive WWII figures (110, 111 and 113), which will save me some money.
Did they forget SS114 or is that an Expo again and why are there only 26 images? SS used to show between 70 and 100 lately. They also didn’t highlight their new items anymore as they did since the SS100.
Good thing with HK figures: no trademark issues :smile:

0 Likes

How to say … this character is very teenager, and it will sell perfectly in the Chinese market. Personally I prefer to pass on this one, my money will rather go to the WWII versions which will leave at the same time (ss111 / ss113)

As for the images, I noticed that they favor certain sites, I’m going to take a tour to see :wink:

0 Likes

For the SS114 version, I think it could be the China Expo 2019 version (april), I looked in my photos and I found 3 figures not yet released, 2 CTRU and another undefined version …

0 Likes

This undefined one is a SDU diver and comes with kind of a small submarine.
Usually they don’t preview any Expo figure unless 2 weeks prior to the exhibition. So if they saved it for that purpose at least we won’t know what it’ll look like.
Maybe there will be the SS106 soon, then SS114 for the expo.

0 Likes

They have just announced the release of their first figures 1/12. SDU versions. For the version with dog is the same face as the figure SS-102 HONG KONG ASU (Airport Security Unit) …

184913uho11xrs19azs7es

0 Likes

Soldier Story continues to release Police figures (SDU, NYC) while in my opinion neglecting the military market. Although I’m sure these sell very well they will lose my $, which DAM and E&S will be happy to take. Just my $0.02…

0 Likes

I like the Body and weapons. Nothing really special about this figure. The other mentiond CTRU Figure is much more very interesting. Especially the weapon. The 1/12 stuff is nothing for me. Don’t know why they go this way too.

0 Likes

That is my thought as well. It used to be SS was my go to. Since the current flooding of Police gear I have yet to buy anything loose from SS in a long time. DAM and E&S are looking better and better.

0 Likes

My biggest complaint here is the hair. If the hair were flocked it would be better. It looks like he has two helmets. One loose one and I molded to his head permanently. The only piece I would want is the box that catches the spent rounds. Knowing how 1/6 works though, that will ONLY fit and work for SS MP5s.

0 Likes

This image from a Chinese poster sums that one up pretty well.

1 Like

Some interesting unit imagery on this YouTube video, various uniforms and weapons:

As for the “big hair” issue (I have no problem with the youthful sculpt otherwise), it’s too bad they don’t offer an alternative. This goes back years ago, but DML did an Alexander the Great figure, with the complete headsculpt clean-shaven, and a removable, soft rubber/plastic, long hair wig. It was brilliant, as it offered great utility. Ryan Bonaminio used the head on modern US soldier in three-color DCUs. He showed it to us at an informal BS session, after a day at Weekend of Heroes. I grabbed one of the nudes at War-Toyz (I believe), after seeing Ryan’s bash. Beyond that, the closest I recall, was the Aragorn sculpt, tho I think it had no ears, and a key-slot on top of the skull.

0 Likes

Easy pass for me. The brass catcher is interesting, but it and the blank-fire adapter are the only new parts on the MP5A3. The tac light on the Glock is new, but eh.

I echo what others have said and hope SS will have better QC on their MP5s going forward.

0 Likes

As they are introducing a new muzzle they “might” have fixed this.

0 Likes

That’s too bad, the MP5 (A3?) they issued with their SDU K9 figure was, IMHO, excellent. And several years ago too…

0 Likes

If you want to have an MP5 with a straight barrel and Navy receiver and standard Surefire forearm (the K-9 MP5 has an A17 offset adapter and an SEF receiver), you can disassemble the NYPD MP5 to get the parts you want from it then swap them onto the K-9 MP5. The receiver, forearm, and stock are all pinned in and removable.

Shame that this even needs to be done, but if you want to build the “ultimate” SS MP5 in a configuration to your liking, it is doable.

0 Likes