UNIFORM
Winter jacket (w/ collar patch)
Winter pants
White inner shirt
Belt
Winter boot x1 pair

ARMY GEAR
Type 50 shovel (metal & wood material)
Army trench pick (metal & wood material)
Type 50 canteen
Winter glove (3-finger) x1 pair
Shoulder bag
4-cell stick grenade pouch
Drum magazine pouch
Army duvet

WEAPON
PLA type 56 squad machine gun (/w metal parts)
7.62 50rd belt links
PLA type 56 7.62 drum magazine (full metal)
PLA type 56 squad machine gun sling
Hand grenade x4

1 Like

while waiting for the “attributed” post, here is the future figure SS121 “1962 SINO- INDIAN WAR”

This topic is milked to death now. The positive, SS is still alive. People who missed out on the rifle have a second chance and I am happy I safe some money.
Interesting to see, if their QC remains high. So far I can only rely on the SS120 weapons, but these were well executed and assembled.

I’m excited to see this. It has been prototyped at shows/exhibitions in the past.

I’m not interested in the figure, but that RPD is great. They are calling it a “PLA Type 56 squad machine gun,” but as far as I’m concerned, it’s an RPD. It differs from the SS118 Type 56 MG - look at the forearm and bipod. The forearm has the grooves cut into it, and the bipod has a latch that allows the legs to lock together in the upright position. The SS118 MG has a smooth forearm and no locking latch.

Just hoping it does eventually get released and that I can score at least two RPDs. I have not seen any indication that this will be a limited/special release, but who knows?

Seeing the SS109 they seem to wrap up production, which makes me looking forward to SS115, SS116 and the SDU diver.

That SDU diver has a suppressor for the MP5. I’m looking forward to that as well.

This was planned as SS122

The SS123, me too. I need that submarine device too!

I thought it weird that SS097 had the Surefire A17 offset light adapter but no muzzle device to use with it…which is kind of the point of the A17. That’s why I want the SS MP5 suppressor.

That’s the reason, good to know

In my initial enthusiasm at the recent uptick in Sino-Vietnamese and Sino-Indian conflict subjects, I only in passing, connected them to current events. In the face of current confrontation in the Himalayas, these most recent figures do raise the question of motivations.

2 Likes

It would be cool to also see them release a period authentic Indian jawan rifleman or machinegunner.

4 Likes

Yup… I always asked for an Indian soldier, modern or older … :blush:

2 Likes

I know and I can definitely second that. Unfortunately, the closest thing we got so far is a Pakistani honor guard.

Next delivery … :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Good to see, bring on the RPDs.

1 Like

Well…better late than never. RPD is looking :+1:

I am going to have to jump on this RPD. Bad timing.

The RPD is the only real draw for me from this set. I think some of the other bits could be pressed into service as NVA or VC gear, but ultimately since I no longer do Nam figures, the RPD is the only draw for my gun wall.

1 Like

IMHO ammo bag is another “must have” in this figure!