ССО Сенеж (SSO Senezh) Operator - Night Ops in Russia, 2021

After many months of tinkering and waiting on specific bits of kit, I’ve finally completed my up to date (for now!) SSO Senezh figure.

“SSO Senezh” is a bit misleading as unit titles go. “Senezh” is the name of the Russian SSO’s (Army spec ops, basically) primary training centre, and SSO is simply the Russian counterpart to the English-language “SOF” (Special Operations Forces). A rough example would be how Delta is sometimes referred to as Bragg, NSWDG as Dam Neck and JTF2 as Dwyer Hill.

That being said, it seems as though Senezh is used to refer to a very specific unit within the Russian Army’s SSO organization, a Tier 1 commando-type unit. In recent years, Senezh has developed a very distinct unit style that sets it apart from the Multicam and ATACS wearing masses of FSB and SOBR units. Like some other Eastern SSO units, Senezh seems to have kit “sponsors” like Voin, MBC and Gear Craft who provide them with gear in exchange for free advertising: Senezh operators literally wear manufacturer patches on their kit, just like NASCAR and F1 drivers do with their sponsors. The recent surge in pictures of Senezh - and the development of their more recent unit “style” - seems to directly correspond with their sponsorship.

Yes, I know there’s a lot of pictures but I’m pretty happy with how they turned out. One thing I put a lot of work into is the MBC plate carrier - it’s built from the ES Condor LCS plate carrier, with cummerbund from their LV-MBAV, S&S plate frame, and shoulder straps hand-made from spare strapping.

SSO Operator - Loadout

Uniform

• Footwear - Salomon Speedcross (ES)
  • Pants - Combat Trousers “Voin”, grey (ES)
  • Tunic - Combat Shirt “Voin”, grey (ES + mod)
  • Gloves - Mechanix MPact, tan (DAM)
  • Neck gaiter - Mordor Tac “Rouge” bandana, black (DAM)
  • Patch - Skull n crossbones, red (DAM)
  • Inner belt - Raid Gear/MBC “Baza”, tan (DAM)

1st Line

• Warbelt - MBC “Udav” Operative belt, tan (SS)
  • Pistol mags - 2x WarTech MP-111 pouch, tan (SS)
  • Rifle mag - MBC “Sektor” MOLLE-Minus pouch, tan (DAM)
  • Dump pouch - USMC surplus dump pouch, tan (DAM)
  • IFAK - Gear-Craft MK4 “Ortiv”, TQ, med patch, tan (DAM)
  • GP small - Techincom Army Admin pouch, tan (DAM)
  • Holster - Stich Profi “Alpha” holster, MP443 version, tan (DAM)

Bucket

• Helmet - GearCraft LSHZ 1+ Mid-Cut, OD (DAM)
  • NODS - PVS-14 monocle (or Russian variant) (SS)
  • Cover - Raid Gear + MBC High-cut cover, MC (DAM)
  • Light - Princeton Tec MPLS Charge (?), tan (DAM)
  • Patches - Russia patch, Senezh “Jolly Roger”, subdued (DAM)
  • Comms - Comtac PELTORs, OD (DAM)

2nd Line

• PC - Raid Gear + MBC “Fantom” MOLLE-Minus carrier, tan (ES parts, custom-made)
  • Placard - Raid Gear + MBC “D3CRH” (Haley Rig), tan (DAM)
  • Comms - VX-600 radio, PTT, camo (DAM)
  • Patch - Senezh “Jolly Roger”, subdued (DAM)
  • Mags - 2x MP443 mags, 3x Magpul AR15 mags (DAM)

Weapons

• Pistol - Izhevsk MP443 “Grach” (DAM)
  • Rifle - ORSIS (?) AR15, Sig Romeo, EOTech magnifier, Magful AFG, PEQ16 (ES + DAM + SS)

SSO - Slick (Competition) Loadout

With med bag

1d14985a-8e87-45b6-8d26-bb074ee6b657

Night ops

5 Likes

Nice work Canuck :+1:

Great combination of part. he has a much more Western look to him than most Russian units.

Reference

SSO AR builds

3 Likes

Thank you! Yes he does - and not a single piece of Multicam kit, either!

Excellent bash, excellent editorial, excellent all round job. Love your work :+1:

Good work…again. Always like your kitbash layout, badge and history section. Always admire the work you put in. Wish I was as motivated.

Thank you both. The research element is at least 50% of the fun for me! As for motivation, I tend to get random bursts of time/inspiration where I crush 3-4 longterm projects at once. Almost every figure I post, from “idea” to completion, takes 1-4 months. I just returned from a 9 week work “trip” too so I’ve got a lot of energy to complete 1/6th projects.

1 Like

This is a really unique looking figure, and matches the reference pics quite closely too. A Russian unit using an AR15 style rifle is very interesting.

1 Like

Agreed, it looks pretty far removed from the Gorka days of Russian SF

1 Like