Struck out with a stroke

Hey fellas, woke up on Friday 19th, no coordination in right hand will be out of action for a minute or two ha ha . In hospital for 5 days all the tests done and all is good. Very small stroke and coordination is slowly but surely coming back. So no bashes for a while but you guys keep bashing and I will keep watching. And when time is right I will be back with a vengeance.! Thanks guys. Rock on! (Man it took a while to write this).

11 Likes

Go on man! The only easy day is yesterday!

4 Likes

Hey man!
Get well soon!
We look forward to see you back in action!

2 Likes

Get well soon Darren!

:facepunch:t2::facepunch:t2:

3 Likes

Get well soon brother. Patience and follow the doctor’s instructions. Hope you’ll be bashing as usual in a few days.

Best regards !!!

2 Likes

That must have been scary mate, hope you’re on the mend. It sounds like you’re feeling positive :+1:

2 Likes

Feel better bro. Don’t strain yourself too much.

2 Likes

I hope you get well real soon, just focus on your recovery for now. Take care!!!

2 Likes

Sorry to hear, take it slow. Hobby is not most important!

2 Likes

Get well soon Darren.

2 Likes

Mate we not only share a name, in similar boat except its my right leg giving way. Pain up the arse when this stuff gets in the way if a good hobby!. Sounds like your on the mend & will be bashing soon.
Even if you cannot bash - you can still BUY lol
All the best fella.

4 Likes

Here’s to a quick and sure recovery, Darren. Four years ago I had an ischemic stroke, with a clot at the base of my skull. After they extracted the clot, I spent about three days in the hospital for observe and monitor.
I lucked out, fairly minimal after-effects. Took part in a few studies and restarted exercises.
So far, humming along as well as many/most 70+ types.
My philosophy is try to get back up after each if life’s ass-whuppins, tho some do take longer to deal with.
Patience/endurance, just like this wacky hobby.:+1:

2 Likes

Wishing you a speedy full recovery, mate.

2 Likes

Best wishes your way. May need to take it easy for a bit but you’ll get back. Hope you can enjoy some aspect of the hobby while you recover. Joy increases healing in my experience.

2 Likes

Man…it is not fun having a stroke…I had mine over 10 years ago, so you have my sympathy Darren… Wishing you a speedy recovery! Take care and stay safe!

2 Likes

Stay safe brother, I wish you and your family the best :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Glad your okay brother, keep on keeping on🤘

1 Like

Take good care of yourself … we are so fragile. See you soon on the forum… :relaxed: :relaxed:

1 Like