Struck out with a stroke

Hey fellas, woke up on Friday 19th, no coordination in right hand will be out of action for a minute or two ha ha . In hospital for 5 days all the tests done and all is good. Very small stroke and coordination is slowly but surely coming back. So no bashes for a while but you guys keep bashing and I will keep watching. And when time is right I will be back with a vengeance.! Thanks guys. Rock on! (Man it took a while to write this).

12 Likes

Go on man! The only easy day is yesterday!

4 Likes

Hey man!
Get well soon!
We look forward to see you back in action!

2 Likes

Get well soon Darren!

:facepunch:t2::facepunch:t2:

3 Likes

Get well soon brother. Patience and follow the doctor’s instructions. Hope you’ll be bashing as usual in a few days.

Best regards !!!

2 Likes

That must have been scary mate, hope you’re on the mend. It sounds like you’re feeling positive :+1:

2 Likes

Feel better bro. Don’t strain yourself too much.

2 Likes

I hope you get well real soon, just focus on your recovery for now. Take care!!!

2 Likes

Sorry to hear, take it slow. Hobby is not most important!

2 Likes

Get well soon Darren.

2 Likes

Mate we not only share a name, in similar boat except its my right leg giving way. Pain up the arse when this stuff gets in the way if a good hobby!. Sounds like your on the mend & will be bashing soon.
Even if you cannot bash - you can still BUY lol
All the best fella.

4 Likes

Here’s to a quick and sure recovery, Darren. Four years ago I had an ischemic stroke, with a clot at the base of my skull. After they extracted the clot, I spent about three days in the hospital for observe and monitor.
I lucked out, fairly minimal after-effects. Took part in a few studies and restarted exercises.
So far, humming along as well as many/most 70+ types.
My philosophy is try to get back up after each if life’s ass-whuppins, tho some do take longer to deal with.
Patience/endurance, just like this wacky hobby.:+1:

3 Likes

Wishing you a speedy full recovery, mate.

2 Likes

Best wishes your way. May need to take it easy for a bit but you’ll get back. Hope you can enjoy some aspect of the hobby while you recover. Joy increases healing in my experience.

2 Likes

Man…it is not fun having a stroke…I had mine over 10 years ago, so you have my sympathy Darren… Wishing you a speedy recovery! Take care and stay safe!

2 Likes

Stay safe brother, I wish you and your family the best :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Glad your okay brother, keep on keeping on🤘

2 Likes

Take good care of yourself … we are so fragile. See you soon on the forum… :relaxed: :relaxed:

2 Likes

Take your time and get your health sorted out.

A couple friends have had this happen, and all you can do is listen to the doctors’ advice, and get back into the best possible shape. Health first, everything else comes after that.

1 Like