Swede_113s bashes

Though that I could collect my various bashes here starting of with my PMC’s.

Based upon the E&S 26004 and 26002.
These guys came with the 1.0 E&S bodys and there where loooooose.
So, getting into the hobby again I decided to swap out the 1.0 E&S bodys to some DAM bodys and HS I accuired especially for this project.
The HS is from the VTS Darkzone Agent and the (old) DAM FSB Alpha.
IMHO I think that the HS’s fits the PMC style even better than the E&S ones.

8 Likes

Very nice done! Love the first one. Great bash.

2 Likes

Glad you liked ’em. I had a few accidents (the faux leather straps on the E&S PC is very fragile) but both of them the came pretty out good, I think.

1 Like

The straps are a little fragile. That is a little Problem with that material. I like much more the Soldier Story ones which are closer to the original Crye JPC. The plastic material is very good done.

1 Like

A generic bash based on the DAM PMSCS in Syria.

4 Likes

Both look great. I like your updates to the Langley Agent. I really always have liked the ES CIA Agent; joined the hobby too late to get my hands on any.

2 Likes

Those figs were pretty dope but as I mentioned the joints was so loose and made it a real PITA to pose ’em in any kind of dynamic pose whatsoever.
Fun fact; both of them came with a real 1:1 patch.
As you can see I opted not going with the E&S helmet or head set on the Langely Agent bash. I felt like a simple cap suited the charchater more. And the E&S head set is really fragile…
Cheers!

1 Like

Man, these are really nice! I have that Urban Assaulter packend alway, somewhere, and seine your figure makes me feel like unpacking and modding him! The E&S body on that one is absolutely floppy, he tumbles over foward, even just standing upright. I do habe some DAM bodies and heads that might fit, so I guess, I’ll give it a try.

1 Like

IMO the DAM bodys is the way to go; the clothes and gear fits really good. Haven’t tried the E&S/DAM head swap though.
Have fun modding👍🏼
Cheers!

1 Like

Well these are some good looking troops, Swede. I am pretty much damned (eternally?) to put my money where my mouth was, when I long begged for modern Russians. That said, I have often bought spare DAM heads from their Russian figures, just because they are so usable - as you show.

I have mostly avoided those versions of the PCs, because I found them personally a bit fugly. Your observation lighted up the basis for my dislike, it’s the cheap faux material. Tightened up and loaded, they are more palatable, and Col Braddock’s take makes sense to me, too.

Changing over from an OEM body, to a more substantially stable one, suggests taking on the role of a Geppetto. Turning a floppy mil-puppet into “…a real live boy”!

Those are awesome! Great job!

Thanks! Had a fun time putting ’em together.

Really nice bashes! Love your version of the DAM PMSCS in Syria! Looking foward to see more…

1 Like

Many thanks!
Currently I’m working on the DAM 78042 FBI HRT but after that I’ve got my own take of an SMU Tier-something-operator and a MARSOC bash going on.
To be continued…:wink:

…and I really, really must find my old photo-box one of these days:man_facepalming:t2:

(WIP)
MARSOC bash put together of mostly parts from E&S and DAM.
Note: I started this bash a long time ago so I’m not really sure of all the parts origins.

If anyone feels like it feedback and/or corrections (on anything really) that’s much appreciated.
Cheers!

4 Likes

Love it! I think you’ve done a good job of capturing the iconic MARSOC look :+1:

2 Likes

@Canuck Thanks!

I have one question though; if the operator have the NVG:s mounted shouldn’t they be connected to some kind of battery? Some operator have a battery pack on the back of his helmet and some dont’t. Why is that?
Do the battery pack also acts like a counterweight?

Also; the patches? In some pictures the flag patch is on both armsleeves and in some the operator just have one patch (right or left sleeve).

1 Like

I’ve only ever dealt with PVS-14s IRL (the type your Marine has), and, IIRC, they had internal batteries. So your kitbash is accurate in that regard.

The external battery pack extends the NODS’ battery life and, as you mentioned, acts as a counterweight. The battery pack is an optional add-on.

Re: flag patches, I’m not really sure. In some cases there’s a unit SOP that only really becomes apparent from reviewing lots and lots of reference pictures (for example, flag on left shoulder and callsign on right); in some cases (more so with SOF) they do literally whatever they want. I imagine they would remove coloured patches for recce ops, but otherwise I think what you’ve got on your kitbash looks fine.

EDIT: on second thought, I don’t know if PVS-14s even have optional battery packs. I’ve only ever seen them used in conjunction with 31s, GPNVG-18s, and some of the weird NODS Delta used (AVS-9 or whatever). I’m definitely not an expert

1 Like

Many thanks!
Looks like my MARSOC is kosher NVG wise then👍🏼

1 Like

I’ll consider my MARSOC-bash finished now.

6 Likes